Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Check This Racing CB77 Out

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Check This Racing CB77 Out

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:23 am

It's common to see painted (BLACK) cylinders on these engines (street or race) because some folks like the look. I remember seeing them in the 60's cause the Brit bikes with the iron cylinders painted theirs Black and for some reason we wanted our bikes to SORT OF LOOK like the Brit bikes. ...................LM
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

piecutter
honda305.com Member

Re: Check This Racing CB77 Out

Post by piecutter » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:16 am

Black cylinder? I just put on my art deco glass block style 1000x reading glasses and took another look. Now I feel a bit silly too!<br /> Yup. That there would be the rarely seen, super exotic race bit known as &quot;THE CARB ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BIKE!&quot;. They look to be Amal Carbs, although to me it's kind of sacrilege puttin' Brit carbs on the Brit Beater!<br /> I guess it's the drain and breather tubes leading down between the carbs into the top of the gearbox that you can see below the carbs. They must be pinned down pretty close, cuz it almost looks like there goin' into the case!<br /> I guess he's pretty seriuos though, after seeing the way he swiss cheesed the heck outta the right side cover!<br /><br />

prima5star
honda305.com Member

Post by prima5star » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:23 am

Did anyone save pictures of this bike? I am gathering info to perhaps turn one of my CB's into a race bike, and it sounds like this bike has a lot of good mods to see.
Matt

Also into Alfa Romeo Giuliettas and Giulias! Looking for a Giulia Super.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home