Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

"Dragon Rally"

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

"Dragon Rally"

Post by Michael Stoic » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:46 pm

[forwarded from email]<br /><br />Story behind the bike:<br /><br />Apologies to T20 freaks but this is a four stroke.(I have owned two T200's, a T350 Rebel, a GT550 plus three DT175 Yamaha's and a Montessa Cota 247, so I have had two stroke sympathies, now long gone.) <br /><br />I'm Martin, born 1950, so I've ridden some. I have known Ade' since he was 12, and &quot;aid&quot;ed and abbetted him since then. I bought the CB77 in<br />aproximately 1982-3. It was complete but not original and it certainly did not run! In a mad state of enthusiasm I stripped it down to the last nut and<br />bolt and......<br /><br />Then in about 1986 I became interested again and had the frame sprayed &quot;red&quot;. (It is orange, but I gave a red tank to a friend and asked for a<br />colour match to the unfaded underside and he came back with some paint. You know how it is, you look in the can and think it will be much darker when it's sprayed... WRONG!). I again lost interest......<br /><br />You may be aware that Adrian attends an annual event called the &quot;Dragon Rally&quot; which we have attended together since 1980. One year under a winter Welsh night sky, we were discussing our classics that were rotting away. The bright idea came to me that the year 2000 Dragon would be a good reason to rebuild the bikes. And so a quest was begun. Ade started in April 99,and I started in July. After several &quot;tens&quot; of pounds and extreme frustration and hard work, we both attended the rally and got home. Mission accomplished!<br /> <br />Packed up and ready to set off.. Anyone in the VJMC (UK)would have seen the pictures that prove the fact as there was a feature on us in the December 2000 VJMC newsletter. As well as<br />the CB77, I own a Moto Morini 'Kanguro' 350cc trail bike, and a Suzuki sv650s, which is a nice bike.<br /><br />If anyone out there has some spares, or who knows of someone who has a CB77/72 and wants a chat, or help, or some bits, send me an e-mail.<br /><br />Cheers,<br />Martin. <br /><br />Email address: martin.wardle@ntlworld.com<br />

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home