Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Vintage chopper...Tell me what you think

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
xragex3191
honda305.com Member

Vintage chopper...Tell me what you think

Post by xragex3191 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:59 pm

I just recieved this 1964 honda scrambler chopper. It is in beautiful shape and dont really know what to do with it. As far as i know it has been in a basement for 30+ years. I dont know if i wanna restore it to what i want, restore it to what it is now, or just sell it to somebody that would be interested in it. It is a really interesting bike so im atleast gonna get it running for now. Tell me what you think. Also the bike is located in Pa if your interested in it. I might consider selling it. Thanks

mike horvath
honda305.com Member

what to do

Post by mike horvath » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:51 pm

Rage,
Good question..."Tell me what you think". Well it does appear (I can't tell in the photo) that replacement carbs may be in order as well as a new foot brake. But to help on the question...if you entertain the idea of a resto, I would think you'd better have a shoe box full of Jacksons. To consider parting it out once you become familiar with demands may be the way to go. Those side covers for example, HARD TO GET a left and a right in good shape. The side cases, head, cylinder all command a fair price for a forty some year old bike not to mention the gear clusters depending on wear and shape. I tell ya, I spent as much to rebuild the top end as I did for the whole stupid thing! Trundle about on fleabay or check the add's on this site and get an idea of cost's to go either way then you decide. OR, you can make your own cross country adventure film on that bike and retire early.
Keep us posted...........big screen here we come!
Mike

Dgormley
honda305.com Member

Post by Dgormley » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:49 pm

X, I think it looks fantastic in the rec room as is...........................D

xragex3191
honda305.com Member

Vintage chopper... Tell me what you think

Post by xragex3191 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:41 pm

Thanks for the replys. I got the bike running last night but still didnt have the carbs right so i worked on it again today after work and took the carb off the left side, thats the one that seemed to be giving me trouble. I found a jet to be clogged so i went all throught it again making sure to soak every single spot and blow out with air. I installed the carb back on the bike and it runs great. I Even got to take it around the block a few times. Everything seems to work accept the headlight and the horn so i'll work on them when i get a chance. I'm shocked that the bike is in this good of shape and so complete. All i've done is cleaned the carbs, did a valve adjustment, and clean(adjust) the points and it fired right up. Not to bad for 30+ years of sitting.

Tango911
honda305.com Member

Post by Tango911 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:59 pm

its a honda. nice work
65 Sears Puch 250
69 Dream 305
74 Kawi H1
78 CB750 SS

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home