Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

rear race fender

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
cyclon36
honda305.com Member

rear race fender

Post by cyclon36 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:46 pm

I know the race parts are few and far between. Is there a source for replica rear race fenders like the one in this picture? At least maybe a few different pictures of it?

I like how the sides are not tall. At first, I figured I could chop a standard rear fender to make it resemble the one in the pic, but the more I look at it, the more I realize it's not that simple. For starters, the race fender is more squared off on the shoulders while the stock fender is more rounded. Also, the stock fender has channels for wiring that are integrated into the mount point while the race fender does not.

ideas?

teazer
honda305.com Member

Post by teazer » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:58 am

That is a gorgeous looking race kitted bike. I looked at the parts books and old pictures but no details of the race kit rear fender. Did you contact teh owner and see if he has any details.

cyclon36
honda305.com Member

Post by cyclon36 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:31 pm

The fender is show as part #2 here: http://images.cmsnl.com/img/partslists/ ... 3_bbcc.gif

That's from the race parts fische.

The only info I could gather on that bike was from this site: http://www.bikeexif.com/1965-honda-cb77-superhawk

cknight
honda305.com Member

Post by cknight » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:53 pm

Airtech offers a fiberglass rear fender for the Ducati 250-350 SS (their part number DUCSSS5) that can be modified to closely resemble the CYB rear fender. A bracket will have to be fabricated to bolt the fender to the rear mounts (inboard of the upper shock mounts), and the fender itself will have to be shortened, but the basic width and contour are quite close to the genuine aluminum Honda item. Used one on my 1962 cafe' CB77, and am satisfied with the appearance. Regards, Chase

cyclon36
honda305.com Member

Post by cyclon36 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:59 pm

cknight wrote:Airtech offers a fiberglass rear fender for the Ducati 250-350 SS (their part number DUCSSS5) that can be modified to closely resemble the CYB rear fender. A bracket will have to be fabricated to bolt the fender to the rear mounts (inboard of the upper shock mounts), and the fender itself will have to be shortened, but the basic width and contour are quite close to the genuine aluminum Honda item. Used one on my 1962 cafe' CB77, and am satisfied with the appearance. Regards, Chase
Thanks for the lead. It does kind of look similar:

I search around a bit and see if i can find a metal version. For $70 though, it's hard to be the fiberglass one.

305racer
honda305.com Member

Post by 305racer » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:32 pm

You can also use a modified front fender by removing the struts and shortening which is normally done for you by the previous owner anyhow. lol
georGe
Ton Up Club-Florida
AHRMA #500 Road Race
#G50 Cross Country

teazer
honda305.com Member

Post by teazer » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:09 am

teazer wrote:That is a gorgeous looking race kitted bike. I looked at the parts books and old pictures but no details of the race kit rear fender. Did you contact teh owner and see if he has any details.
I should have been more clear. I have parts lists that show the fender and its part number but the picture you show was the only one I could find and it didn't provide much (any?) detail.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home