Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

64 cb77 chopper build

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
klp
honda305.com Member

64 cb77 chopper build

Post by klp » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:49 am

Some of you may have seen my previous postings trying to figure out wheel spacing on the front. Thanks to the knowledge base here I figured it out.

Find it here.

http://www.honda305.com/forum/index.htm

I figured I would start a build thread to document the rest of the bike. Be forewarned I am not good at build threads!

Here is the current state of the build. This was just after fitting the front end.

Last night I cut the fender in half.

It was ill fitting and made as near as I can tell for a 19" wheel so the radius didn't match and it looked odd. I am looking for a result more like this.

The pic above shows with about 4" removed. Once I have it assembled I am going to make some fender stays. I have not yet decided what to make them out of. I have some 1/4" steel rod that would work, at this point though I am leaning towards flat stock 1/2" wide and 3/16" thick.

klp
honda305.com Member

Post by klp » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:44 am

A little background on the bike that I should have supplied.

I got it as a parts bike with a cl some years ago. It was already a chopper but done to a very poor standard. My thoughts were to build it up cheap as a rat and put it back to its former glory but with all the details sorted.

Initially I planned to build it for $500 but that has gone by as I am at $600 right now and still need to source control cables. Other bits will need purchasing too. The front end alone has cost me $300 - new aftermarket legs, used lowers and bushes, machined top triple, and a replacement lower triple. It's done though, hahahha.

I built a clutch cable joint as I am too cheap to pay $20 for one!

The plan for the bike is to run it in MotoGiro and also this -

http://www.ozarkmountainscramble.com/

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home