Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

how in the hell does this happen?

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
MBellRacing
honda305.com Member

Re: dry clutch

Post by MBellRacing » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:12 pm

sprocket wrote:Look up Bob Guynes on FaceBook.
Bob Guynes is my next door neighbor! He recently rented out his house and has moved a bit further away, but anything you want me to ask him, let me know. He's good on Facebook, but not always as responsive as if you call him or just drop by.

Funny story: I lived in my house for 6 years before speaking to Bob much more than a couple sentences here or there. I ended up buying a Superhawk, without knowing he was the guru of all things CB72/77. I rolled it into my garage for the first time one late afternoon, but left the garage door up while I went inside to grab something. I come back out to see an old man crawling around under my new-to-me CB77! Bob looks up at me and yells, "Hey, Sweetlips, you got yourself a SuperPIG!".

Bob's a really genuinely nice guy. If anyone is ever in the Redding, CA area and has a couple hours to swing by, he's worth a visit. Tons of old bikes and random inventions.

sprocket
honda305.com Member

Post by sprocket » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:37 am

I first met Bob in 1969 when I was a 19 year old kid. Mutual friends claimed that he had just been released from an institution and nothing in his behavior allayed my fears. I count him among my closest friends but I still think he is certifiable. We speak on the phone, but not often enough, all I do is mention politics and he is off on a rant that includes, but not limited to, the Pope, the IRS, the Fed, the Free Masons, the Girl Scouts and how they are in collusion to take over the country! After that he really goes wild and my jaw aches from laughing. He is also the best psychoanalyst/counselor/ mind bender that I've met but sometimes I get one over on him (the doctor is in, 5 cents please): I was visiting one day and Bob was not his usual self and after a bit he mentioned suicide. Knowing it was bs I told him that if he goes through with it I wanted his lathe . Silence. Then he started call me every name in the book, advising me that I had secret desires for midget mud wrestlers and smaller barn yard animals.
Next time you speak to him mention Anders Hoglund and see what he says.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home