Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CB72-77 Racer

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
lloydy1
honda305.com Member

Post by lloydy1 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:55 am

honda brian wrote:Nice one Dave! What cam do you have in there? The thing almost idles like a road bike. Pretty ugly mates you have there!
Regards Brian.
Hi Brian

In truth I would be lying if a said I knew to be honest. I have had some differences of opinion on it, but it has been built up and reground. There are some pics of it in earlier posts.

I had basic settings on the carbs at the time we fired it up, but she does now tick over nicely.

Cheers

Dave

lloydy1
honda305.com Member

Post by lloydy1 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:57 am

border0_3 wrote:EEE by gum.

Looking great and nice sounding, but see it has RH gear shift.

I thought I'd see Alan pushing it up an down road, like old days.

:)

Cheers - Richard
Hi Richard

Thanks for the comments. Good old paddock starter negates the need for pushing up and down the drive thank goodness. ;)

Cheers

Dave

lloydy1
honda305.com Member

Post by lloydy1 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:00 am

honda brian wrote:Hi Dave, I was just looking through the photos of your engine build and I think I see a 6mm self locking nut on the underside of the engine adjacent to the pump. It should have a capped nut there with an aluminium washer to stop oil leaks as there is an oil gallery above it. A 6mm acorn nut will do the job if the thread is not too long. I usually install it with a bit of silicone sealer under the washer and over the washer just to make sure. The photo is on page 13, image 0279. Forgive me if I'm wrong as my old eyes ain't what they used to be.

Regards Brian.
Hi Brian

The nut has been changed. Alan did tell me about it.Thanks for the comment it is much appropriated. ;)

Cheers

Dave

lloydy1
honda305.com Member

Dating Cert

Post by lloydy1 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:10 am

Does anyone know which book this dating sheet comes from please?

I am trying to get a dating cert, but the guy who is doing it for me is struggling to fined the reference book he can refer to to issue cert.

Thanks Dave
Attachments
Scan 1.jpg
Scan 1.jpg (169.95 KiB) Viewed 6438 times

DJM
honda305.com Member

Post by DJM » Fri May 05, 2017 10:00 am

It's a page from the official Honda Parts book for the model, late version dated 1969.

The same information is in the earlier versions too.

Useful data as it explains how three different series of numbers from three different years all start with the figure '1' This has confused more than a few into thinking they have an early bike when in fact they haven't!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home