CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
Every time I go onto this forum I check to see how your rebuild has progressed, have been fascinated to see what you have accomplished---
I hope that all is well, this has been a bit of a cliff hanger- looking forward to your next chapter!
The bike has progressed somewhat, but time has been an issue for me these past few months.
I will post some pics in the coming days to show where I am at and to keep you up dated.
All the best Dave
That is a really nice bike. Not a lot I can add. As someone mentioned, the pistons are CB350 machined to match the head.
I never had much joy with copper head gaskets and use COMETIC on all our race bikes.
Gearbox is an early NOVA. Mine had the same shafts and similar shift mechanism. I am not familiar with the extra rod added to the shifter. On mine I made a blanking plug but I'm sure that the RD series shift rod covers fit - or was it a CB200 cap? Too many bikes too little brain space.
Cam looks like a Megacycle, but since the bike is in the UK, it's probably a JOY regrind.
If it has sat for a long time double check the brake linings. They tend to come loose over time.
Some nice period frame mods too.
I haven't posted for sometime, but here is a few pics of my progress to date. Slowly coming together.
New electronic ignition fitted. Need to get some bits and bats re-chromed, but you can see her coming together.
Always good to see your progress and attention to detail, looks great.
In your earliest photos I noticed the cross over linkage and was curious to see if it would function and if it would remain.
I hope you plan to ride your bike when you complete it!
Just a suggestion, on my cross over I found that when the bellcranks were aligned at 90* to the shift shaft the mechanism worked with out binding or restricting the shift action.
My lil CB160 race bike shifts as good as it ever did, as long as you make thoughtful and deliberate shifts, never missed a shift two weeks ago in my first road race in forty four years!
Keep your project rolling.
Just been catching up on your progress,
As suggested previously a CB200 bung will fit straight in at the end of your selector drum, I have the part number somewhere if it helps., may even have a spare bung.
Nice work, what size are the gearbox / rear sprockets, the front looks bigger than standard which is 15t, looks 16 or even 17 Tooth, which suggest the bike was pulling a much higher gear than standard, They go best if you use the torque rather than revving them to death, most good race engines will run past 10k but don't seem to make any more power, just wear out faster so gear it up as much as it will cope with. Good Luck with the rest of your rebuild.