Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CB72/77 Yoshimura Brochure.

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
Airmun
honda305.com Member

CB72/77 Yoshimura Brochure.

Post by Airmun » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:39 am

A friend of mine recently emailed me a brochure of a Yoshimura kit for the CB 72/77 produced by Le Mans Coy. Tokyo Japan. It is pretty comprehensive. Unfortunately, the paper is water marked and not easy to reproduce. Is anyone familar with the kit or any of the information it includes? I am happy to forward my copy but it is not in very good condition to reproduce. Any replys would be appreciated. It is amazing what turns up after all this time!

Hotshoe
honda305.com Member

Yosh kit brochure

Post by Hotshoe » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:48 pm

Was it similar to this?
Attachments
Honda CB77 Yoshimura kit brochure.jpg

Airmun
honda305.com Member

Post by Airmun » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:32 pm

That's the one. Could I get a copy of it please? I am keen to see how the frame has been modified.

Hotshoe
honda305.com Member

Post by Hotshoe » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:56 am

Sorry I don't have an original brochure.
I found the digital pic on-line and saved it for reference because I didn't know Yosh did anything like that.
For what it's worth, the completed bike in the brochure pic doesn't appear to have the down tube frame.
I'll try to find it again and let you know if the res is any better.

Hotshoe
honda305.com Member

Post by Hotshoe » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Did a bit of digging around and came up with this;

http://motonut.com/CYB77.htm

There's another copy of the Yosh brochure in there that looks like it might be cleaner and you could be able to contact that guy though the site looks old, he might have some info about the frame.

I saw some discussion about the Yetman frames on the forum a while back, that might be another trail for you.

Interesting little bonus tidbit about the "whistling wanker" too.

Airmun
honda305.com Member

Post by Airmun » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:42 am

Thanks for your help. I managed to find another image and download it. It turned out to be the website of a friend of a friend ,whom I had met some years ago, Michael Moore. The frame is interesting because it is difficult to see if there are two front downtubes, or one that splits into two at the bottom. All very interesting and fun to research! Thanks again!

GORDON BROWN
honda305.com Member

Yoshimura frame mods

Post by GORDON BROWN » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:28 am

Hello Airmun

A friend of mine worked on one of these and from what I remember they use the oil pump from a CL which has a mounting point ( bolt hole boss ) that the extra chassis tubes mount to ? I think that from pictures I have seen no two of the Yoshi bikes are exactly the same.
I will try to post some pictures if I can find them.

Gordon

SAFOJ

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home