Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

We need a product review section!!

Do we need more: Boards? Topics? Motorcycles? Different organization? Layout? Suggestions on how to improve the h305 Forum.
4shorts
honda305.com Member

We need a product review section!!

Post by 4shorts » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:24 pm

Man what we need is a product review section on here. I just had the new pipes and mufflers for my Dream arive today and there the worst quality I've ever seen. The welding and the chroming was just aweful. If I had known I would have never purchased them. Sure takes the fun out of restoring my bike now. Apex Cycle, NEVER AGAIN!!! Paul

Dogsbd
honda305.com Member

Post by Dogsbd » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:47 pm

I bought a set of CA77 header pipes from Apex and they are certainly not of the best quality but I won't complain too much as I got them for a decent price via eBay acution. If I had given full price as advertised on the Apex website I would probably be returning them.

I have heard of several complaints on the Apex CA77 mufflers. Given the price of those things I would expect them to be very nice so I don't blame you at all for being upset.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone from Apex visits this site from time to time, a review Section would be a good way for them and other vendors to see our feedback on their products.

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:08 pm

I know what your saying and I agree. I explained to Tom at Apex that I'm restoring this Dream and I want it to be the best that I can do it. I've restored many items in the past and never received anything of that poor of quality. The metal used in the mufflers was all pitted at the time it was manufactured plus the welding is about the worst I've ever seen and then it was chromed over all of that making it an awful job. Apex did tell me to return them for a refund but remember, I live in Newfoundland, Canada and Apex is not next door. It will cost over $40 to return these things and add that to the $40. I paid to get them here I may as well keep them and write them off.

The part that pi$$ed me off was Apex' reply to my quality issue and I quote" the mufflers on my website are the exact mufflers you received...I would hate to tarnish your lovely project with my terrible product. Please send them back for a refund" unquote. I figured he would say that he will send out a better manufactured set and I return the defective ones. Never dealt with anyone like this before. Paul

Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Post by Michael Stoic » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:35 pm

Paul,

I've just installed a "Products Review" section in the Restoration Forum...

.. MS

4shorts
honda305.com Member

THANK'S

Post by 4shorts » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:21 am

Mike I appreciate you doing that. Having a product review section will separate the good vendors from the not so good ones and save the users of this forum some valuable time, money and aggravation. After all our love for keeping these bikes alive is what it's all about and having a site such as this that's willing to listen makes it a whole lot easier to accomplish that. Thanks, Paul

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home