Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Loudmouse one line answer boared

Do we need more: Boards? Topics? Motorcycles? Different organization? Layout? Suggestions on how to improve the h305 Forum.
magoopeter
honda305.com Member

well

Post by magoopeter » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:16 am

Well i have to agree with Guner-CAF, most problems have been answered, and it is only right that Loudmouse and the other experts do not get bogged down withthe same questions agian and agian.
Have a look frist is right. But i would also say that the searchs i have done do not bring up the answers even when they are out there. I have had to look in many posting to find answers which are ther but which did not come up in the search. Also i find alot of searches bring up so many posts with nothing relavent to what im looking for. Mybe its just me.

Gunner_CAF
honda305.com Member

Post by Gunner_CAF » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:33 pm

One think that may help, way at the bottom there is an option:

Display Results As: O Posts O Topics

Select Posts. If you choose Topics, it give you a whole thread that has the search words someplace inside to search through. This takes a lot of looking. Posts will show you each post that has the words you are searching for.

Gunner

magoopeter
honda305.com Member

Thanks

Post by magoopeter » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:13 am

Thanks Guner-CAF never noticed that before. Does help a lot. all the best Pt

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:45 pm

I'd say that, for a lot of forumers, the main thing about posting a Q -- as opposed to searching for the same Q and thus, hopefully, a solution -- is the comfort in knowing that a) there's somebody out there who has experienced the same / a similar problem and b) there's somebody out there!

That statement notwithstanding, I, for one, feel a high degree of camaraderie here; one feels that one 'gets to know' others here. And it's great to share problems & solutions. After all, we all learn from mistakes; our own as well as those of others! And it's fantastic to see the fruits of fellow enthusiasts' efforts. There are some fabulous posts and timelines left here by our members; I'd love to mention the names of some whose workmanship and skill I admire most, but I'm reluctant to do so as I'm too fearful of offending those who I might forget to mention!!

Ed (LM) is still our God here, though.....

jensen
honda305.com Member

Post by jensen » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:52 am

I share your opinion about loudmouse magoopeter, you have to ajust to the answeringmethod, once adjusted it's fine. Except for the use of capitals in LM answers, it's something I can't really ajust to.

Then there's a gap of language, most of the people on this forum are from the USA, England and Canada. For some people who do not speak, write and read english as there native language, there's
always a chance of misunderstanding or wrong interpretation of the text on this forum, and thus reactions wich are sometimes wrong or misunderstood.

Next to that, there's so much information on this forum and from differnt points of view, that, when someone is new, it's easyer to ask for a direct answer instead of searching for the info (I guess).

Jensen

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:14 am

I USE CAPS LOTS OF TIMES AS THATS THE WAY THE WIFE LEFT THE KEYBOARD AND I FIND I'VE TYPED IN CAPS AND JUST SEND IT.
The idea that I am YELLING may be what some think and that's OK with me cause I find CAPS "EASIER TO READ"............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. .............lm

A MESSAGE
jensen wrote:I share your opinion about loudmouse magoopeter, you have to ajust to the answeringmethod, once adjusted it's fine. Except for the use of capitals in LM answers, it's something I can't really ajust to.

Then there's a gap of language, most of the people on this forum are from the USA, England and Canada. For some people who do not speak, write and read english as there native language, there's
always a chance of misunderstanding or wrong interpretation of the text on this forum, and thus reactions wich are sometimes wrong or misunderstood.

Next to that, there's so much information on this forum and from differnt points of view, that, when someone is new, it's easyer to ask for a direct answer instead of searching for the info (I guess).

Jensen

jensen
honda305.com Member

Post by jensen » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:58 am

loudmouse,

I interpreted it as yelling indeed, I can't help it, it goes automaticly.
But if you're saying it's not, I'll not see it that way anymore.

Jensen

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home