Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Loudmouse one line answer boared

Do we need more: Boards? Topics? Motorcycles? Different organization? Layout? Suggestions on how to improve the h305 Forum.
magoopeter
honda305.com Member

Loudmouse one line answer boared

Post by magoopeter » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:23 am

Have been using the site for a cople of years now. The one thing that strikes me is Loudmouse.
He seems to help and answer a lot of peoples problems.
When i came across him at frist i thoght his answers where short and some times had a know all and rude air about them. But! i was wrong.
The more i read the the more i see a person who trys in he,s own way to help as many peope as he can . So i was thinking what about a loudmouse one line answer boared. If your stuck on some thing
Fire your answer in and expect to get a striaght to the point no bull***t one line answer.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Loudmouse one line answer boared

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:41 pm

Well I admit that at times I fire answers to a sharp point if I think the time requires it.
That said I will also take the time to give/offer a history (as I learned it) of what I know from hard knocks or personal mistakes as to how/what I know of the question at the time.
I as a feller with many years of riding and working on the SH/Dream/Scrambler bikes truly do enjoy sharing my collected info with those who after making an attempt to ( work on it or search for info) find that they need advice with the problem at hand.
I do get testy at times when I think that someone wantd to "SUCK INFO" without making even a simple effort to gather info and or get a blister or cut just trying things on their own first.
Do keep in mind I learned MOST ALL I KNOW about these bikes long before the computer and all it offers was even a name.___(computer!!!) .............lm

magoopeter wrote:Have been using the site for a cople of years now. The one thing that strikes me is Loudmouse.
He seems to help and answer a lot of peoples problems.
When i came across him at frist i thoght his answers where short and some times had a know all and rude air about them. But! i was wrong.
The more i read the the more i see a person who trys in he,s own way to help as many people as he can . So i was thinking what about a loudmouse one line answer boared. If your stuck on some thing
Fire your answer in and expect to get a striaght to the point no bull***t one line answer.
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

magoopeter
honda305.com Member

Post by magoopeter » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:49 am

I think most people working on a cb72/77 project will give it a go frist, and that can lead to problems as i have found diving into a project buying lots of seconand hand parts to find ther where many changes to the bikes through out there production years ,ending up with parts that do not fit, or that are wrong for the year.
The other thing getting the correct infomation before you start differnt people have diffrent ideas even if they have not had the hands on experance.
I would say having a experts answer, on these bikes is worth its wheight in gold. Mybe what the site should do is reginze people like loudmouse and a few others and have an ask the expert boared.
Do not get me wrong every ones point of veiw and information is usefull and thats why there are open discussion boareds, which makes the site a forum for all the diffent interests which suround these unique bikes but i would like an expert on hand toput me on the right track from the begining.

deaddog
honda305.com Member

Post by deaddog » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:55 am

I have to disagree. If we have a “ask the expert” thread, that will be where 90% of the posts will go. It is far better to have the threads categorized the way it is example: engine, tran., electrical, etc. I assume, and I may be wrong, but LoudMouse most likely reads the majority of the posts. Just my two cents….

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:26 am

IMO you and deaddog are correct in the things ya like/expect from forums as this one. I think if one looks on the opening/or another page ya will find a location To Ask for Help. I do read all the messages and MANY TIMES I don't answer a request for Help/Info because most times You Folks reply and usually satisfy the subject at hand. That said you may notice there are times I offer info which is MORE CORRECT and help/stop incorrect info from being Passed Down and Down. Some may recall my info of the subject of MYTHS. I do chuckle when I notice a student (new person/bike/info) become a professor!!! ......................lm=====loud mouse

magoopeter wrote:I think most people working on a cb72/77 project will give it a go frist, and that can lead to problems as i have found diving into a project buying lots of seconand hand parts to find ther where many changes to the bikes through out there production years ,ending up with parts that do not fit, or that are wrong for the year.
The other thing getting the correct infomation before you start differnt people have diffrent ideas even if they have not had the hands on experance.
I would say having a experts answer, on these bikes is worth its wheight in gold. Mybe what the site should do is reginze people like loudmouse and a few others and have an ask the expert boared.
Do not get me wrong every ones point of veiw and information is usefull and thats why there are open discussion boareds, which makes the site a forum for all the diffent interests which suround these unique bikes but i would like an expert on hand toput me on the right track from the begining.
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

rgtaylor2
honda305.com Member

Post by rgtaylor2 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:19 am

Consider this a possible reason for “one word answers” and replies that some might consider “short.”

I have noticed that usually the first thing typed by someone new to this forum is a question that has been ask and answered a dozen times and all these answers are stored here. It takes far less time to search for a word or topic than it does to type and wait for an answer, that said, I am sure some of the guys we all consider experts get real excited seeing a post they have answered many times and hope another will post a reply, usually with an internal link to their original answer.

The search engine we have is not the best in the world but it works if we just use it, hopefully first or, we gonna run out of space.

Thanks again to our experts,
Gordon (also a newcomer)
65 CA77 Dream
66 CL77 Scrambler
69 Triumph TR6

Gunner_CAF
honda305.com Member

Post by Gunner_CAF » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:56 pm

I read several message boards and there are a few I am quite active on. I like troubleshooting and if I have experience on a problem, I am happy to share it with others. I can't tell you how many times someone asked a question I just answered a few days ago, and I have answered 10 times in the last year. Most people just want to post and have someone answer their question without doing a little searching to see if they can find the answer.

I haven't asked a lot of questions here because I found answers to my questions from other posts. These forums are loaded with a wealth of information if you look. When I get time, I still find things by reading old posts.

As most boards, they are read by enthusiast who do answer posts because they enjoy offering their help. We are lucky to have a guy like LM here who has the knowledge to answer the hard questions. Research takes time, but for the price of the knowledge, it's a cheap price to pay. In my opinion, on a board where people donate their experience, let the person with the question do the work. If they can't find the answer, I bet it's a good one and they will get an answer. If they do the research, they will know where the appropriate forum is to ask the question.

Gunner

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home