Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

unresolved threads?

Do we need more: Boards? Topics? Motorcycles? Different organization? Layout? Suggestions on how to improve the h305 Forum.
I-man
honda305.com Member

unresolved threads?

Post by I-man » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:10 pm

I've been pouring over this site since I bought my dream last week. So much info, impressive enough, but more so for such an old bike. Anyway, Is anyone else struck by the number of unresolved posts? Meaning, a question is asked, an answer or suggestion is give and there's no reply saying it worked, didn't, or other. Know what I mean? No big deal, It just seems odd in comparison with other motorcycle sites I frequent.

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:56 pm

Yes, I agree! I dispense a lot of info, and rarely is the actual solution posted. Listening everyone?

davomoto

I-man
honda305.com Member

Post by I-man » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:07 pm

I really didn't want to be too critical, being new and all, but that's kinda what I was getting at. I think it would be helpful ( not to mention polite) to follow up advice with how it worked out, or didn't. It's almost comical how many post die after advice/suggestions are givin!

Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Post by Michael Stoic » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:11 am

I agree with you both. Wish more people would post courtesy follow ups once their q-s were answered and problems diagnosed. Kind of surprising, given the tight focus of the website/forum and the active and dedicated community.

I'll consider any good suggestions on how to improve the follow-up situation...

Michael Stoic
honda305.com

Goodysnap
honda305.com Member

Follow up solution

Post by Goodysnap » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:55 am

A rating system is one possible solution. Positive, Nuetral, Negative. A predetermined number of negative feedback would result in loss of posting priveledges. Positive ratings could also be used to rank or sorts posts to those most helpful, moving the waste of time ones to the bottom of pile. I'm just brainstorming from another site I frequent on another unrelated topic. I feel the system works well and helps weed out the(free takers) if I may be so blunt. Just thought it might be worth a mention.
Brent
64' CB77
65' CB160

Mike Mullins
honda305.com Member

re:replies

Post by Mike Mullins » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:32 am

I suspect some of these are replied to with PM's. I know I have done this one occasion.
Mikeyrx
PS. I see the ad for the '66 CB 77, where I posted the link several days ago, is gone from Craigslist. Did someone on this forum buy it ? I certainly hope so. Looked too good to be put into the gentle hands of a couple of 15 year old kids. ( yeah, I know that's where most of us started.)
"a free motorcycle is a bottomless hole intended solely for money"
66 CB 77
76 BMW R75/6
99 GL 1500 trike
75 & 79 XS 650's

Gunner_CAF
honda305.com Member

Post by Gunner_CAF » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:43 pm

I found this the other day on another forum, it's one of those "Read First Before Posting" messages.

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1/

The topic is quite different, but these rules do apply to any message board. It would need to be tweaked for the subject (maybe "don't ask homework questions" won't apply here :).

I don't know if this will solve the problem, it is quite common on all message boards. Many people want a quick answer, don't take the time to read or search, and sometimes never come back. I don't see much of that here. This forum is quite unique, and if you have a 305, it's the place to be!

Gunner

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home