Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Organize the masses ?

Do we need more: Boards? Topics? Motorcycles? Different organization? Layout? Suggestions on how to improve the h305 Forum.
Scram64
honda305.com Member

Organize the masses ?

Post by Scram64 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:57 am

To All,
I may have missed something, somewhere. Have we ever tried to organize enthusiasts by area for possible rallies or swap meets? The opportunity to meet other members and trade stories would be great. I personally would like to include CA, CB & CL's as a single group. If we set up a system to divide into areas and communicate through this channel, I think we could do it. Anybody have experience in this area? I sure don't. I'm in Oregon and I would travel to meet a group of other members in or out of state. I know of great people within 2-3 hours with similar interests. I would even travel to the Bay area to meet the fine folks down there. Any input would be welcomed. We need a large involvement here to make this feasible. Maybe all of us can camp in Loud Mouses back yard while he rebuilds our clutch baskets ( just a joke ED). Please reply. Scram64
Attachments
0907210007.JPG
A work in progress
A work in progress
Last edited by Scram64 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Organize the masses ?

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:21 pm

I have clutch assy ready to go so Come On Over!
Nice looking bike there. ............lm

Scram64 wrote:To All,
I may have missed something, somewhere. Have we ever tried to organize enthusiasts by area for possible rallies or swap meets? The opportunity to meet other members and trade stories would be great. I personally would like to include CA, CB & CL's as a single group. If we set up a system to divide into areas and communicate through this channel, I think we could do it. Anybody have experience in this area? I sure don't. I'm in Oregon and I would travel to meet a group of other members in or out of state. I know of great people within 2-3 hours with similar interests. I would even travel to the Bay area to meet the fine folks down there. Any input would be welcomed. We need a large involvement here to make this feasible. Maybe all of use can camp in Loud Mouses back yard while he rebuilds our clutch baskets ( just a joke ED). Please reply. Scram64

Scram64
honda305.com Member

Organize the masses ?

Post by Scram64 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:24 pm

ED, Thanks for the compliment. I just want to say thanks for all your input and to meet you would be an honor. I'm just checking on the interest of people getting together. I not asking owners to travel hundreds of miles. I realize that some are private and want to lurk from their computer. Heck, I'm shy, but I share a common interest in what we do and I know that I can help out in some way. Sometime in the future I will need that clutch basket, keep it handy. Scram64

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:48 pm

Scram, the bike's looking sharp! Sounds like a great idea, as I too would love to hook up with other 305 riders for rides.
davomoto
64 CB77
63-7 CB77 Cafe'
67 CL77
64 CL72
66 CL77 big bore flat tracker
Many others!

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:53 pm

I'd definitely get wet..... See you all in Autumn?

Scram64
honda305.com Member

Post by Scram64 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Davo, and e3steve, It's people like you that make this forum a great place.
I'm not sure how to get this started. If we can get a list together of interested people, we can go from there. I'm thinking of dividing the states into 6 segments. Each person gets on a list for 1 or more areas. Maybe, as a group the areas can organize a common meeting place. Comments, suggestions?
Caution, my computer skills are very limited. I'm just a northwest logger. Scram64

Goodysnap
honda305.com Member

Post by Goodysnap » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:23 pm

This sounds great. I only wish I had brought it up. Count me in and Ill help any way I can.
64' CB77
65' CB160

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home