Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Reference Section and "Take It Outside"

Do we need more: Boards? Topics? Motorcycles? Different organization? Layout? Suggestions on how to improve the h305 Forum.
conbs
honda305.com Member

Reference Section and "Take It Outside"

Post by conbs » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:03 pm

There are several questions that seem to pop up pretty regularly on this site. "What year is my bike?" How do I make sure my timing is right?" A reference section could be a great one-stop resource for a lot of people and could reduce the number of posts (the site will run out of room at some point). It would be a good bit of work, but could be done over time to make putting the info into it a manageable proposition. A list of years/VIN numbers. EMO's magic tune up recipe. Even a simple description, by year of correct items for specific bikes such as chain guards and fenders on CL's. I know a lot of that is covered in the Silvers books, etc, but it seems like most folks who post basic questions don't have any idea that the Silvers books even exist, let alone what they are. This could extend beyond CA, CB and CL, but since this is the 305 website, that seems like a logical place to start.

Another idea is to divert disputes off of threads and into a "Take It Outside" section. That might take some referee action by the web master, but when guys want to mix it up, they probably should have a way to sort things out without cobbing up the threads. While there is often some entertainment value to the jousting, sometimes it does cross the line and get a little nasty.

Happy to engage and explain these ideas further as desired.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home