honda305.com Forum

Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Do we need more: Boards? Topics? Motorcycles? Different organization? Layout? Suggestions on how to improve the h305 Forum.
Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Post by Michael Stoic » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Snakeoil wrote:
Vince Lupo wrote:The one thing that I would love to change on the user profile is my designation. I don't consider myself a 'h305 Expert', and would love to eliminate that, or just call myself a 'Rider' or 'Enthusiast'....or even 'Muddler'.
I'm with you Vince. Because I'm a blabber fingers I'm up to "expert" status, which I'm not and never will be. Other sites I frequent use other bike related terms that imply time on the site versus expertise on the subject.

regards,
Rob
OK, fellers, just because my brain is full tonight, doesn't mean I can't use great suggestions.

I've been concerned about Vince's point for some time. All we need is a different system. I'm farming this one out, I think, so pile on with terms you feel should could be better.

--
Michael

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:51 am

What if you simply allowed the user to input the field themselves, like they currently do with their location? Presently, members can see how many posts a given user has made and when they joined, so they already know whether the member has been part of the Forum for a while or if they are relatively new (not that it necessarily matters -- some newer members are likely far more knowledgeable that I am, for example). Or you could just eliminate that field altogether?

Snakeoil
honda305.com Member

Post by Snakeoil » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:16 pm

How 'bout

Lightweight
Super stock
Super sport
Super bike

or

Neighbor
Citizen
Stalwart
Institution
Relic

Or to Vince's suggestion, rather than free form text, maybe a select list of choices for the individual to choose.

Novice
Enthusiast
Hobbyist
Professional
Racer
Tinkerer
Retired Honda tech
Honda tech
Mechanic
Dealer
Vendor
Seasoned Veteran

I actuallyy don't care what you end up choosing, I just think it best to not assign a perceived level of ability based on the number of posts contributed.

regards,
Rob

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home