Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

more then 4 replies before 2nd page

Do we need more: Boards? Topics? Motorcycles? Different organization? Layout? Suggestions on how to improve the h305 Forum.
jimpapa
honda305.com Member

more then 4 replies before 2nd page

Post by jimpapa » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:01 am

the sites great for information but very user unfriendly. especially when searching through past posts to learn valuable information.
the fact that each topic only allows 4 replies (post+4) before going to a next page slows things down tremendously.
i know why its done, each page counts as a page view which = $$$$ for ads but i've never seen a board with such short settings.

mobilyte
honda305.com Member

Post by mobilyte » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:26 pm

agreed...noticed that change recently too, too few posts/threads per page now. i see the advantage though, comes in handy when loading pages/posts quickly with lots of images.

Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Post by Michael Stoic » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:18 am

@jimpapa

The current settings are 5 posts (not 4), but I am not crazy about it either, for reasons you've mentioned. Just trying it out to see how it works and will be increasing the posts per page to 7 in an attempt to get a good balance.

As another poster mentioned, with some large inline picture threads, even several posts can scroll off the screen for a mile. Balance is what we're after.

I'd like more input from more members who have preferences in this area of Forum configuration.

As for the $$$ you've mentioned, yes, it is necessary to have some income to offset the thousands of hours and hosting costs that have gone (and continue to be poured) into building the platform which the world enjoys for free. There are several GBytes of images in the honda305.com Forum alone. There are now well over 1,000,000 hits each month and over to 33,000 individual visits.

Do you know how many have clicked the "Support" button last year? ...None. The year before that - 3 people. Just some perspective...

Anyway, let's see how 7 posts per page look and feel and pile on with comments and preferences.

--
Michael Stoic
honda305.com
Last edited by Michael Stoic on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rzgkane
honda305.com Member

Post by rzgkane » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:04 pm

Michael Stoic wrote:Do you know how many have clicked the "Support" button last year? ...None. The year before that - 3 people. Just some perspective...

--
Michael Stoic
honda305.com
Add one to this year's numbers. I appreciate the effort and the info I've already gotten in the last two weeks. Thank you.

Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Post by Michael Stoic » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:10 pm

Thank you very much. I appreciate your support!

--
Michael Stoic
honda305.com

rzgkane
honda305.com Member

Post by rzgkane » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:34 am

Michael Stoic wrote:Thank you very much. I appreciate your support!

--
Michael Stoic
honda305.com
Excellent. Now post that pic of my Dream I sent you two weeks ago in the gallery!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home