Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Moto Giro!

Rides, Meets, Shows, Races, etc. | Literature: Repair, Parts, History, Philosophy (ZatAoMM)
husabob
honda305.com Member

Moto Giro!

Post by husabob » Thu May 05, 2011 8:21 pm

All, The Spring USCRA Moto Giro was held last weekend in the Berkshires of Massachusetts, headquartered at the Jiminy Peak Resort. A record 126 old bikes, 1968 or older, 305 or smaller, took part in the 2 day timed road run. There were at least a dozen 305's including my "patina'd" '65 CL77. I rode with a friend of mine, who was astride a 1968 Suzuki 118cc 2 stroke. Henry is the right size for his bike, and rides it hard, topping out at 61 on the downhills!
My CL77 started running roughly, with a cylinder cutting out under load around 30 miles into the 94 mile morning leg. I soldiered on finishing the entire 180+ mile day. My Saturday scores in the timed agility tests had me in the top 5 in the 305 class. I found a tight intake valve, adjusted it, and the bike seemed to run better. The points, etc. looked O.K.
Sunday's ride started out fine, but then the bike started acting up again. I just continued on, being gentle with the throttle, and just trying to enjoy myself. I finished the event, much to the amazement of many other riders. The attrition rate had been high over the 2 days and close to 350 miles. None of the 65cc class bikes finished, and I saw several 305s pulled over as well. At the trophy presentation, I did not hear my name called when they announced 3rd and 2nd. Much to my utter amazement, I finished 1st in the 305 class! My 305 sits quietly in the back of my garage, and I will give it some much needed attention soon. Bob B www.motogiro-usa for more info

jleewebb
honda305.com Member

texas

Post by jleewebb » Fri May 06, 2011 8:31 am

Sounds like fun; wish they had one of these in Texas.
'62 CB77. "It's a rider."

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home