Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Candy Apple Red for 67 CL 77

Bob-simmons
honda305.com Member

Candy Apple Red for 67 CL 77

Post by Bob-simmons » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:37 am

Does anybody know the paint numbers (and manufactor) for the Candy Apple Red used on the 67 CL 77? Also since this would be newer paint, do I need to paint the parts Gold first or does the new paint come in one can, plus clear coat? Thanks Bob

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Candy Apple Red for 67 CL 77

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:10 pm

No candy RED for the CL77 Hondas!. ............lm

Bob-simmons"]Does anybody know the paint numbers (and manufactor) for the Candy Apple Red used on the 67 CL 77? Also since this would be newer paint, do I need to paint the parts Gold first or does the new paint come in one can, plus clear coat? Thanks Bob[/quote]

Bob-simmons
honda305.com Member

Post by Bob-simmons » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:18 pm

If this is not a factory paint job, then it was done before the bike was ridden. The "primer" looks like the silver paint, then a gold layer than the Candy Apple Red paint. The rear shocks are metal covers painted red. The paint, where it is not washed away from sitting outside for many years, is a brillant Candy Red. Any ideas ? Thanks Bob Simmons

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:27 pm

These old CL77 Hondas were painted custom colors and some owners bought lots of chrome parts to make their bike different from all the others. I think that were you to look at one of my restoration paint jobs you would assume the same as to when the bike was painted. Not at all difficult to do. ........lm
Bob-simmons wrote:If this is not a factory paint job, then it was done before the bike was ridden. The "primer" looks like the silver paint, then a gold layer than the Candy Apple Red paint. The rear shocks are metal covers painted red. The paint, where it is not washed away from sitting outside for many years, is a brillant Candy Red. Any ideas ? Thanks Bob Simmons

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home