Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Spray paints

Norm
honda305.com Member

Spray paints

Post by Norm » Sun May 23, 2004 8:12 pm

I'm restoring my '65 CB77. I bought it 35 years ago with a custom paint job that has since deteriorated. I plan to restore it to the black/silver paint. I have had the frame powder coated and am considering the same for the black sheet metal parts. I didn't care for the silver of the guy who did the powder coating. I'm wondering if I can just paint the silver with a good quality automotive spray can. When I mention this to other restorers they just look at me like I'm nuts. I,m not really interested in a show bike. I would just like to rice it and have it look nice. Also I'm quickly going over budget. Does anyone know if the paint will look nice or hold up? Any advise or tips are appreciated as this is my first restoration.

georGe
honda305.com Member

Re: Spray paints

Post by georGe » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:00 pm

I have the part numbers for commercial spray paints that are really close to the origanals. Post if interested.<br /><br />georGe

Norm
honda305.com Member

Post by Norm » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:13 am

georGe wrote:<br />I have the part numbers for commercial spray paints that are really close to the origanals. Post if interested.<br /><br />georGe<br />
<br /><br />Thanks for your response, george. I would be interested in the silver paint numbers and where I could get the paint. I plan to have the black powder coated, but am undecided about what to do with the silver. <br />Thanks for your help.<br />Norm

georGe
honda305.com Member

Post by georGe » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:19 pm

sorry about my lag time since the posts are so slow here i forget to check them on a regular basis.<br />Ill sift through my notes and get those #'s in a day or so.<br /><br />georGe

captianron01
honda305.com Member

Post by captianron01 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:40 pm

did any one ever post the silver paint numbers ? i see the question but no answer?also i have a 67 305 cl77 the titel said burnt orange but no one has heard of this .A man told me it was CANDYTONE TOPAZ ORANGE#08701---99906 YR---1C.Ihave a small can of it but want more any ideas?THANKS

georGe
honda305.com Member

Post by georGe » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:48 pm

I got these numbers from Bill Silver's Restoration and Maintenance Guide and are as follows :<br />Silver-<br />Duplicolor #1615 Silver wheel paint or Mazda Sunbeam Silver &quot;Dupont Centauri 45040A&quot;<br />As for the orange color I cant be of any help,try getting in touch w/ Nick Fetzer @ Ohio Cycle as the dude is a wealth of knowledge.<br /><br /><br />georGe

Bo
honda305.com Member

Post by Bo » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:43 am

georGe wrote:<br />I got these numbers from Bill Silver's Restoration and Maintenance Guide and are as follows :<br />Silver-<br />Duplicolor #1615 Silver wheel paint or Mazda Sunbeam Silver &quot;Dupont Centauri 45040A&quot;<br />As for the orange color I cant be of any help,try getting in touch w/ Nick Fetzer @ Ohio Cycle as the dude is a wealth of knowledge.<br /><br /><br />georGe<br />

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home