□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

how many total colors

how many total colors

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:44 pm

redoing a '67 CB77 from blue to red.<br /><br />i will swear the lower end engine cover was originally powder/sky blue.<br /><br />but thinking about it, i would have red, grey and engine paint. <br /><br />is that correct?<br /><br />and also thinking about it, i have see red frame with either red lower front forks or grey; which would be correct? or look the best?

Re: how many total colors

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:52 pm

not even sure why i am asking. not to concerned about matching the factory color by the numbers anyway. (but i want the fork color correct)<br /><br />as a matter of fact, i think i have decided on the &quot;Fire Red&quot; from GM<br /><br />http://www.gmc.com/canyon/colors.jsp<br /><br />i have stripped everything to bare metal and primered. and i know my cleanliness level will not make a show stopper, so what are the other drawbacks to a non factory color?<br /><br />

georGe
honda305.com Member

Re: how many total colors

Post by georGe » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:12 pm

There are 2 types of forks used on CB-77's yours being a '67 should have aluminum lower legs that dont have any axle offset(Type 2 forks). If this is what you have then factory is aluminum lower and from the top of the chrome sleeve up is the same as the tank &amp; frame.<br />As for the upper/lower case colors I dont believe any came from the factory w/ any thing other than dark silver finish. <br /><br />georGe

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home