Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

painting Blue '68 305 Dream

Sascha
honda305.com Member

Post by Sascha » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Hey Clarence,

The XTI Rebel is an amazing camera for sure... I love shooting with it!
Yeah the winter here is painful to say the least - Especially because I JUST finished my build... Haha, bad timing!! Ive heard Oregon is amazing... Never been but my wife lives in Boston so I visit there a lot.

Yeah I believe it if you 75Miles south of us... its pretty much the arctic in Toronto over the winter. Some days, I expect to see polar bears outside on my yard its so damn cold!

I managed to get myself through my hell - Wiring. Obviously with some help with our sites electrical gurus - jensen, LM and Brewsky. Have you had a chance to see the videos I posted on FlickR and or youtube?

-Sascha
clarenceada wrote:One of the pictures had info saying it was taken by a Canon XTi Rebel which I happened to buy used last year and thought it was what you was using--great camera by the way, I'm still learning to use it-- that self portarit it made of it self doesn't do it justice as I had set the picture size at photobucket too small (their recommended setting). I figured it was Toronto as per your location and I live on the Oregon coast and don't miss the cold winter your about to go into; I was raised 80miles north of Duluth Minn and only about 75 miles south of the Canadian boarder---seen it hit 60 below one winter in the '50s---Brrrrr just freezes my old thin west coast blood thinking about it.

Good luck with that wiring monster you got yourself into;--)

Clarence

Sascha wrote:Hey Clarence,

Thanks - Yeah I am really happy with the paint. The CB550 in that flickr album are actually Cams (part of the Toronto West End Boys) but there is a different CB550 in my basement at the moment... Yeah, Im in Toronto, Canada. That picture you are talking about was taken just off the lakeshore downtown. Are you in Toronto as well?

Yeah, my last obsticle to overcome at the moment is the wiring on the bike... Its been a long journey so I am eager to see if fire up again! ;)

A lot of friends loved the red, I was a fan too but it was time to move on to something different!

-Sascha [unquote]

clarenceada
honda305.com Member

Post by clarenceada » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:02 am

Hi Sascha, yes I looked at your video's; were they taken on a point and shoot? I got my wife a Kodak m530 for Christmas and I'm surprised at the clarity of the pictures it takes (it's got 12megapixels) and it does video's--- I need to learn how to post video's before I get my Dream together.

Just got done building a "light table" they showed how to build on one of the photo magazines online; it's see thru plastic with lights on three sides for taking close ups of small items. Took a bunch when I was trouble shooting for a short in the wiring, will post it when I get the thing put together and typed up (it's like making a movie--half of the work is in the editing).

I was looking at an atlas of latitude and noticed that Toronto is at the same latitude as about 30mi up the coast at Reedsport, which had a temperature of 55f and Toronto was about 17f; the effects of living next to an ocean. The first winter out here I would run around in short-sleeved shirts to me it was like a Minnesotan spring. If your an outdoors person Oregon is a great place; from where I live within two hours you can be, on the coast, up in the mountains skying, on three major rivers and one of them, the Rouge, boundaries on the largest wilderness of the lower 48 states. It also can be kind of isolated for things like motorcycle shows and races and lets not even talk about any kind of night life, but it does have it's compensations.

I meant to comment on your plans to tour the west as I have a dream to ride my Dream back to Minnesota this summer and get nothing but people telling me I'm not getting any younger and shouldn't try it. And I'm talking about taking a motor-home as support rig and a place to sleep at night. If we don't keep pushing our selves you never know what you can do; it's when I just take it easy and don't do much that I get stove-up. So I think you should do it and if you need any help around southern Oregon give me a call---I have two motorcycle recovery trucks. The only thing I might suggest: if the CB550 was close to highway ready, it would be a lot better ride then the Dream for long distance. I had a CB500 and it was the only bike besides the Dream I still miss; it's smooth and has enough power to run at 75-80mph like your going to want to do in the western part of Canada when all you have is wheat or canola oil flowers for days on end (I've went through there in a car with the Gage stuck on 85mph and it wasn't fast enough).

Stay warm

p.s. Merry Christmas to all and to all good night!

Clarence

Sascha wrote:Hey Clarence,

The XTI Rebel is an amazing camera for sure... I love shooting with it!
Yeah the winter here is painful to say the least - Especially because I JUST finished my build... Haha, bad timing!! Ive heard Oregon is amazing... Never been but my wife lives in Boston so I visit there a lot.

Yeah I believe it if you 75Miles south of us... its pretty much the arctic in Toronto over the winter. Some days, I expect to see polar bears outside on my yard its so damn cold!

I managed to get myself through my hell - Wiring. Obviously with some help with our sites electrical gurus - jensen, LM and Brewsky. Have you had a chance to see the videos I posted on FlickR and or youtube?

-Sascha

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home