Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

New member needs an opinion

rustywrench
honda305.com Member

New member needs an opinion

Post by rustywrench » Wed May 13, 2009 10:08 pm

I am new to this BB and new to the 305 family and need advice on the color scheme of my 67 cl77.

All the cl77's I've seen so far are of the common base color with silver fenders and tank. Sharp looking no doudt.

Am I mistaken in thinking that in the later 60's they made some colors available as they did in the 70's?

The enclosed photo is my first cl in many many years. It's not pretty but I got her running well and will ride her for the season and then make her pretty through the winter months. When I do, I'd like to keep her in the factory scheme that was available for her era.

Am I correct in my thinking?
Attachments
67cl
67cl

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Thu May 14, 2009 1:34 pm

Correct. The 67 was available in candy blue, and candy topaz orange, with chrome fenders. I have the same bike that I'm currently restoring. I keep going back and forth betwwen the blue abd silver. I think she'll end up blue, just like I got her!

davomoto

rustywrench
honda305.com Member

67 cl color

Post by rustywrench » Thu May 14, 2009 7:05 pm

Thank you and I do believe I will too. I like to be a little different at times and the blue is not the usual look. I'll address the color numbers when I get into the tear down next winter. Thanks again, RW

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home