Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Paint Colors and type

RJag
honda305.com Member

Paint Colors and type

Post by RJag » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:10 am

Hi all,<br /><br />I have just finished sanding and am ready to start with priming on my 65 CA78. Though it is still a couple weeks away (cure time for the primer) I have been trying to decide which type of paint to use for this bike. <br /><br />I have heard good things about the two-part (undercoat-clearcoat) paints, but I know that these were not in existence when the bike was made. <br /><br />Also what shade of red would be close to original? When I got this bike it had weathered to a washed out orange color. In a few spots, (under fittings and chrome) it was still a dark red color. <br /><br />Has anyone here used an automotive undercoating inside the fenders? I am considering this to reduce the chipping from gravel and road wear inside the fenders. I was also kicking around the idea of using it inside the swing arm, it had also seen wear from road gravel and chipping.<br /><br />Just curious if anyone out there has an opinion?<br /><br />Rick

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home