Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

1967 CL77 blue frame paint code

skychs
honda305.com Member

1967 CL77 blue frame paint code

Post by skychs » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:17 am

1967 CL77 305 Scrambler
Im getting ready to powder coat the frame and want to change it to blue. Anyone have the link or information as to what the paint code is? Im finding Candy blue or Candy Sapphire Blue. I prefer the darker blue if its accurate.
thanks

ahenthus
honda305.com Member

Post by ahenthus » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:37 pm

It depends on whether you're talking about the latest scramblers or the earlier blue framed scramblers. The later ones that had the blue and burnt orange tanks and side covers with chrome fenders had black frames. The bikes that had blue frames had silver fenders, tanks and side covers. I believe there are several threads that cover that blue paint. I remember Ed Moore, aka LM, has mentioned a blue before. I forget the name but I believe it's something like farmers blue or something like that. If you're referring to the metallic blue tanked bikes, I don't know what that color is but the frame would be black.
66 CL77

ahenthus
honda305.com Member

Post by ahenthus » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:42 pm

From an August 2011 post:

Future Farmers of America blue.
Dupont IMRON 63203UH. ........lm
66 CL77

skychs
honda305.com Member

paint

Post by skychs » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:51 am

By that description Im thinking early models. I want to keep the silver tank, fenders and side covers. I want to paint the frame, headlight bucket, ears, swing arm, took box, chain guard, top of the rear shocks and maybe the tail light. I do not want to paint the lower front shocks.

I really like the darker blue. The Farmers of America Blue seems to almost have a purple color to it. Grrrrrrrr I thought this was going to be easier.

Thanks for your input guys. Very helpful, as always.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: paint

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:55 am

If you want the bike to look original use it.
If not you can go pick what you like at a paint store. .................lm
skychs wrote:By that description Im thinking early models. I want to keep the silver tank, fenders and side covers. I want to paint the frame, headlight bucket, ears, swing arm, took box, chain guard, top of the rear shocks and maybe the tail light. I do not want to paint the lower front shocks.

I really like the darker blue. The Farmers of America Blue seems to almost have a purple color to it. Grrrrrrrr I thought this was going to be easier.

Thanks for your input guys. Very helpful, as always.

ahenthus
honda305.com Member

Re: paint

Post by ahenthus » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:56 pm

LOUD MOUSE wrote:If you want the bike to look original use it.
If not you can go pick what you like at a paint store. .................lm

As plain as anyone could possibly explain it. If you're looking for someone to validate your own choice you don't need the advice of an expert. Ed (lm) is probably the most knowledgeable forum member, so take it or leave it! Personally, I'd take it.
66 CL77

skychs
honda305.com Member

frame color

Post by skychs » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:46 am

I took the advise and appreciate all the input from everyone. I went with the Honda Sapphire blue and it is amazing.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home