honda305.com Forum

Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

cool retro bikes - seat restoration, whatcha think?

Restoration and Cosmetic Upkeep
dastehr
honda305.com Member

Cool Retro Bikes Seats Scam

Post by dastehr » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:31 pm

Sent a nice seat to them last March. It is now November. TJ called me and said he had received it and that it was a nice seat except he didn't like the powder coat pan. There was no strap or trim on this seat and that is why I sent it. No one answers my calls or e-mail. Now I must find another 1966 Scrambler seat and start from scratch. Legal action or worse is in the works if nothing is resolve in the next couple weeks.
DA Stehr

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Cool Retro Bikes Seats Scam

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:43 am

It's a shame that the word doesn't get around sooner when a seller promises the world and never supplies it. I suggest that anytime you see an offer with as much Self Serving Bull about the service or product you as I do need to look for that Hidden Message that's in there somewhere. All you folks out there that have seen his offers (can't look at them now because he is suspended from eBay) should have seen through it. I can't wait to see what he (or his business manager?) has to say about this conversation. ...................lm

dastehr wrote:Sent a nice seat to them last March. It is now November. TJ called me and said he had received it and that it was a nice seat except he didn't like the powder coat pan. There was no strap or trim on this seat and that is why I sent it. No one answers my calls or e-mail. Now I must find another 1966 Scrambler seat and start from scratch. Legal action or worse is in the works if nothing is resolve in the next couple weeks.
DA Stehr

Nicole
honda305.com Member

DO NOT SEND YOUR SEAT TO CRB!!

Post by Nicole » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:53 pm

"T.D." has had our Honda SL350 K1 seat for over 2 years!! Never returns calls or emails. Be warned: don't do business with COOL RETRO BIKES. I have a complaint in with the BBB. Next it's a lawyer...

Likely if YOU'VE bought a '71 SL350 K1 seat from these crooks, it was ours!

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: DO NOT SEND YOUR SEAT TO CRB!!

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:45 pm

He's back on eBay and buying and selling again. ...............lm

Nicole wrote:"T.D." has had our Honda SL350 K1 seat for over 2 years!! Never returns calls or emails. Be warned: don't do business with COOL RETRO BIKES. I have a complaint in with the BBB. Next it's a lawyer...

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:51 am

Here is one he offered that ended January 29. .............lm

HONDA SL 350 K1 SL350 SL350K1 SL 350 K1 SEAT RESTORED Item number: 270206103175

Nicole wrote:"T.D." has had our Honda SL350 K1 seat for over 2 years!! Never returns calls or emails. Be warned: don't do business with COOL RETRO BIKES. I have a complaint in with the BBB. Next it's a lawyer...

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu May 08, 2008 3:56 pm

T.D. just listed a restored SL350 K1 seat for Buy It Now of $599.99. You don't suppose that is your seat do you?. Also if you look at the items he's been bidding and winning you might get a surprise. ...........lm

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:45 am

A friend of mine (RON) finally got his Short Frame 1961 CB72 seat frame back from TD after telling him he was going to prosecute if it wasn't returned (over a year) but TD at first stated the strap must have fallen out of the box then said he'd return it later. His business is in a garage behind his house and if ya send a certified letter he refuses to accept it. Also told the feller my friend sent to get the seat frame that his mother had died and his help had quit. Sound familiar!!! My opinion is that he's doing the same business practice as before. He is offering lots of seats and covers on eBay but I know of one buyer of a CL77 cover and trim who is still waiting (several weeks) for his and TD is offering the same item a couple of times since that feller paid for his. So I'm of the opinion he may not be trust worthy. ................lm

LOUD MOUSE wrote:T.D. just listed a restored SL350 K1 seat for Buy It Now of $599.99. You don't suppose that is your seat do you?. Also if you look at the items he's been bidding and winning you might get a surprise. ...........lm

RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home