Admirers

sidekick stand

Restoration and Cosmetic Upkeep
marzini
honda305.com Member

Thailand side-stand

Post by marzini » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:05 am

Hi Steve,

What do you have to do to the Thailand side-stand to get it to work properly, I want to get that one.
'62 CB77, '76 XT500

marzini
honda305.com Member

Thailand side-stand

Post by marzini » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:05 am

Hi Steve,

What do you have to do to the Thailand side-stand to get it to work properly, I want to get that one.
'62 CB77, '76 XT500

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Hey Mar', hope you're well!

Yes, I bought the Thailand-made copy. After reworking the mounting bracket slightly, it does the job perfectly.

Any pics of your bike yet?

marzini
honda305.com Member

Post by marzini » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Did you need to heat-and-bend it or change the holes at all to the aftermarket kickstand?

I have some unflatteringly florescent-lit pictures of it with a real cool front fender and I've put seals and paint on the fork tin and sealed and painted the tank too. It's still in the garage, but Emo is gathering some used essential parts that I hadn't found yet like kick-starter shims and rear brake parts.

It's got a long way to go! Thank you for asking, Steve!
'62 CB77, '76 XT500

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:16 am

marzini wrote:Did you need to heat-and-bend it or change the holes at all to the aftermarket kickstand?
Neither, mate. I worked it 'cold'; I'll find the post for you.
marzini wrote:I have some unflatteringly florescent-lit pictures of it with a real cool front fender
I have the rear fender, if you need one! Did you fit the 'bollock slicer'?
marzini wrote:Emo is gathering some used essential parts that I hadn't found yet like kick-starter shims and rear brake parts.
PM me with a list of what you're short of; I don't have much in the way of usable internals, but I think I have a complete rear brake plate. I'll look whilst I'm here in Spain, tinkering. I won't pull the rug from under Ed, though.

¡Abrazos, compañero!

marzini
honda305.com Member

Post by marzini » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:26 am

I couldn't remember what to call that thing!!— haha, that's why it's so cool!! Ya, it's on.

When I register it (no time soon), I'll take the bollock slicer off so there won't be any unnecessary questions from concerned civil servants… then I'll re-mount it for sure.

The only thing Ed doesn't have is a #35 slow jet (not sure I'll even need it), but up here around 7~10k feet (2000~3000 meters), I want to have a good selection of jets when I get into the zone while dialing the carb-metering process. Also wanted to find #120 mains. I put an advertisement up.

The brake parts are for the RH foot-peg bracket+brake switch~ but he had them!

I'll look for the post about the mods you did to the Thailand side-stand, Steve!

My ugly rear fender is somewhat chrome-plated and , yes, I have thought about your painted rear fender. Hopefully, it will still be available when the bike is ready for it.

I need air filters and exhaust and battery next. Someday!!
'62 CB77, '76 XT500

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home