Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Restoration - Concours Judging "Depth"

Restoration and Cosmetic Upkeep
peter4821
honda305.com Member

Post by peter4821 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:38 pm

I do some judging at some of the events around the north east.Except in concourse safety upgrades are acceptable in my book. If you ride the bike to the show you get some slack on the fit and finish. The big thing is really what the field looks like. If you are the best look'in pig in the pen you win. If you want to build a $10,000 trailer queen and play with the money guys be my guest.,I like to ask the owner questions and look to see if there is any dirt under the finger nails. Over time {50} years very very few bikes are original unless they have extremely low miles and a judge can spot that sort of jewel a mile away. Just do the best you can and you will learn the tricks. Good luck..

Bob750
honda305.com Member

Post by Bob750 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:48 pm

Thank you all for your individual perspectives!

We've just been riding whenever the feeling strikes us. We always get looks and questions. It's funny how much attention the Dream gets. I thought my CB was a conversation starter, but it doesn't come close.

We may enter it in some shows in the future, but I'm not really looking to get any sort of platinum level award. It'd just be fun to show up and play.

Thanks again, everyone, for your input!

Bob
Mine: '74 CB750 K4 -- Hers: '64 CA78
Had: '75 CB550 K, '79 CT90

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home