Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

C77 custom seat?

Restoration and Cosmetic Upkeep
DianneB
honda305.com Member

C77 custom seat?

Post by DianneB » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:12 pm

I have most of a 1967 C77 that I am returning to riding condition. I am not planning to restore it (cosmetically) but just return it to riding condition mechanically - I will leave the complete restoration for someone else at a later date.

A major missing piece is the seat and I am thinking of making or buying a solo seat and mount and have been looking at what is on the market. One thing that doesn't show in most pictures is how the frame of the seat connects to the front mount. It looks like there are simply two round holes in the seat frame that bolt to the original seat mounting bolts. That would mean you have to remove the fuel tank to mount the seat???

The other thing that isn't shown is how you support the springs at the rear of the seat. Do you need to make a bracket to go over the rear fender?

Thanks for any help!

whiteheart
honda305.com Member

Post by whiteheart » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:05 am

Read these stories gain new knowledge and feel very good here. I would put it to use in my daily life.

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:19 pm

48lesco posted a great solo seat install that you might want to look at. I'd like to copy his mounting bracket for my Dream, but would have to find someone to fabricate it for me. You're more than "handy" and could probably make your own.

See http://www.honda305.com/forums/solo-sea ... 34042.html

Edited to add: Opps, thread resurrection by a new member. Sorry.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home