Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

dropped ignition switch-help! ca77 dream

Charging System, Wiring, Lighting
stumped
honda305.com Member

dropped ignition switch-help! ca77 dream

Post by stumped » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:56 pm

Hi all,<br />Just finishing restore and hooking up final wires when I dropped the ignition switch! I've got it put back together but can't figure out which direction/orientation the copper triangles inside are supposed to be. Can someone please help? This is all that's holding me up from a ride in the mountains this weekend.<br />Thanks,<br />Elizabeth Jean

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Re: dropped ignition switch-help! ca77 dream

Post by kustommusic » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:07 pm

elizabeth, I wish I could tell you! what a mess you got! I hope that it will work out for you but...... are you sure it will stay together? I would think if it came apart somthing broke. The housing is cast from some kind of pot metal (no Ryan, you can't smoke it) and would be easily broken. The back is plastic or a bakelite type of substance ,also very breakable. were you able to find all the springs too? They keep pressure under the contacts so it makes a good connection internally. Good Luck! Steve Greer

stumped
honda305.com Member

Post by stumped » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:57 am

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do have all the pieces and know what order they go back. Nothing was damaged; the drop was just enough to jar the casing loose and let everything move. The metal exterior crimps back into place. So I'm okay there. I've spent hours with the key position chart, trying to figure out how those triangles are positioned. Thought I came close last night, but no luck. If anyone has an old or damaged switch they could pop apart to take a peek, I would sure appreciate it. (just make sure to take it apart slowly) The boneyard here doesn't have any to look at or buy. Also, if anyone knows who I could contact that might know, I'd appreciate that as well. Any help appreciated... I'm stuck in the garage with a gorgeous weekend ahead.<br />EJ

ryan_siefrin
honda305.com Member

Post by ryan_siefrin » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:13 am

good luck, that's all the help i can offer.
Ryan Siefring

1965 Honda CA77 Dream
1996 Honda CBR 900 RR

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home