Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Double Check my Wiring

Charging System, Wiring, Lighting
gbc
honda305.com Member

Double Check my Wiring

Post by gbc » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:13 am

Going to use the below rectifier/regulator from 4 into 1 when I get to the wiring part of my 65 CL77. It is still a while before the first wire is strung, but I want to make sure my planned set up will pass inspection. Bike will also be running a Charlie's Place electronic ignition with 5 ohm aftermarket coils....

Rectifier has 2 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Green and a separated unattached Green has another ground.

From the stator
1 White, 1 Pink, 1 Brown, and the neutral Green Stripe.

Here is the plan

Combine the White-Pink from the stator into one and connect to Yellow wire on rectifier......
Brown wire from stator to Yellow wire on rectifier......
Red wire from rectifier to + side of battery. (Probably will add a fused connection and do away with old wiring,)
Green from rectifier to a good ground. (Probably will ground both even though the unit will also be grounded by location.)

I am going to do the connections directly at the old section of the harness where the wires exit the stator, cleaning up the a lot of the old connections with new materials. Sound about right guys??????

https://4into1.com/12v-regulator-rectif ... p-to-1978/

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home