Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

wiring up the headlight ca77

Charging System, Wiring, Lighting
choctaw
honda305.com Member

wiring up the headlight ca77

Post by choctaw » Fri May 15, 2020 10:49 am

Hello all, I went through the wiring harness completely repaired or replace anything that could cause problems.I also used the schematic that was provided on the forum. here is were I am stuck...please see picture if it downloaded,i have not had good luck doing this.The Blue arrow points to the green wire which is hot with a female duplex end,comes off of switch.The 3 wires circled in yellow come from the headlight/horn switch (black wire is already hooked up and working on horn). The other 2 wires circled in blue go to the
speedometer. my headlight has a blue,a red and a green ground. can someone help me to finish this.thanks a million Michael
Attachments
wiring for headlight - Copy.jpg

Muddy
honda305.com Member

Re: wiring up the headlight ca77

Post by Muddy » Fri May 15, 2020 5:54 pm

G'day Michael

I hope I can help, but not sure that I can, as the description does not appear to align with the wiring diagram I'm familiar with.

Is e3steve's colour wiring diagram the wiring diagram you are referring to?:

http://www.honda305.com/forum/index.htm

If so, and you have standard switches and lights that align with the diagram, then:

The green female duplex should be your power supply to the headlight

There should be a male terminal on a green wire that leads to the headlight dimmer switch (common 12 v supply to switch) - this should plug into the green female duplex above

There should be a red wire and a blue wire that come from the headlight dimmer switch - these should go to the red and blue on the headlight

The wiring diagram does not show a green earth/ground, but if you have one and it is definitely a ground wire, just ground it in the headlight shell somewhere. Make sure it is a good ground position with no paint.

Probably get this circuit sorted and working before worrying about the other wires - one will be the speedo light and one will be the high beam indicator light. Does your headlight blue lead have a duplex female terminal on it?

Do you have a 5-position key switch or a 6-position key switch?

Let us know how you get on.

Regards

Muddy
Thanks.

Regards

Muddy

'64 C72
'63 C72

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home