Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

wanted: chainguard

Looking for Bikes, Parts, Etc.? Post it here or try the New Honda305.com Auctions !!!
bigdog
honda305.com Member

wanted: chainguard

Post by bigdog » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:53 am

Hello, I'm looking for a chainguard for my 1965 CL72. Anyone know where to find one of the vintage-styled ones with the slots in the face? Thanks!

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: wanted: chainguard

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:11 am

IT WILL ALSO HAVE 2 SMALL PROTRUSIONS ON THE TOP REAR.
THE ONE FOR THE 1965 CL77 ALSO HAD THE SIDE SLOTS BUT NO REAR PROTRUSIONS.
I THINK YOU WILL FIND THE CORRECT ONE IS RATHER EXPENSIVE. ..........lm
bigdog wrote:Hello, I'm looking for a chainguard for my 1965 CL72. Anyone know where to find one of the vintage-styled ones with the slots in the face? Thanks!

bigdog
honda305.com Member

chainguard

Post by bigdog » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:03 am

Hey LM,
Thanks for the input on the chainguard. I figured if I could find one, it would cost me some serious $$$. I'd be happy with one that at least looks original. I saw one on ebay that looks like the guy fabricated it himself. It looks terrible in his photos. I'd rather go without one than buy one that looks like a middle school kid's shop project. Thanks for your info.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: chainguard

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:08 pm

I think I saw the one you mention. The correct ones do come around on eBay at times. ..............lm
bigdog wrote:Hey LM,
Thanks for the input on the chainguard. I figured if I could find one, it would cost me some serious $$$. I'd be happy with one that at least looks original. I saw one on ebay that looks like the guy fabricated it himself. It looks terrible in his photos. I'd rather go without one than buy one that looks like a middle school kid's shop project. Thanks for your info.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home