Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

cb72 side stand

Looking for Bikes, Parts, Etc.? Post it here or try the New Honda305.com Auctions !!!
goldieboy
honda305.com Member

cb72 side stand

Post by goldieboy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:37 pm

Am looking for a side stand for the above + a front wheel rim to rechrome.

SMBH
honda305.com Member

Post by SMBH » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:35 pm

I purchased a side stand off Ebay from Taiwan fitted ok and works well.

goldieboy
honda305.com Member

Post by goldieboy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:03 pm

Thanks, what was the price and did that include the fixing bracket, or was it just the stand
Regards John.

SMBH
honda305.com Member

Post by SMBH » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:09 pm

It included the fittings you will only have to supply the bolts, can not remember the cost has been on the bike some 2 years.

goldieboy
honda305.com Member

Post by goldieboy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Hi all, have just spent today fitting the side stand I bought recently,what a job.
The problem seems to be the stand has to fit at an angle away from the silencer so had to resort to carefully filing the stand leg to miss the raised welding on the silencer. Also had to make up a chamfered washer to push the stand away from the silencer underside. I read on a forum that someone else had this same problem.I am glad its finished. Has any one else had a problem with this.????
Regards John.

SMBH
honda305.com Member

Post by SMBH » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:23 pm

Yes I made up some schamfered washers don't forget the side stand rubber that will stop the stand hitting the silencer, mine seems to be holding up ok after a couple of years.

There is also the problem of the lean angle the bike over so fare but that's not a problem for me if I wanted to go racing round corners I would have not purchased a CB72/77 any way at my age I want to live as long as I can.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Back around 1965 I was riding Joe Lombard's CB77 which had a side stand and went into a left turn only intersection.
Well I was a little HOT and realized I needed to Lean Hard Left or not come around.
As I leaned that side stand hit the pavement and lifted the rear wheel so I lifted up by pushing the right end of the bars which brought the bike to it's wheels except I wasn't going to clear the cement curb so I pulled left more and again that stand lifted the rear wheel.
Enough of that I brought the bike straight up, exited through a driveway entrance, and as soon as I would land on grass I bailed High and Long, tumbled once then landed on my feet.
Joe watched as I did this and was sure I'd destroyed his CB77 as it did a couple of side flips across the yard.
Ah to OUR pleasure the bike was OK with a bit of grass here and there but no damage.
I rode my 1962 CL72 ever after. .....................lm

SMBH wrote:Yes I made up some schamfered washers don't forget the side stand rubber that will stop the stand hitting the silencer, mine seems to be holding up ok after a couple of years.

There is also the problem of the lean angle the bike over so fare but that's not a problem for me if I wanted to go racing round corners I would have not purchased a CB72/77 any way at my age I want to live as long as I can.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home