Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

WTB: CL77 parts (valve caps)

Looking for Bikes, Parts, Etc.? Post it here or try the New Honda305.com Auctions !!!
Glenn-N
honda305.com Member

WTB: CL77 parts (valve caps)

Post by Glenn-N » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:29 pm

In search for good condition or NOS CL77 parts.

Set of 4 unmolested valve caps for a '66, this shape:

Seat (double "c-clip")
Speedo
Ignition switch and/or steering lock

All offers welcome.

CB450guy
honda305.com Member

speedo

Post by CB450guy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:50 pm

Glenn my speedo is nicer and less than half price 100 us dollars plus shipping i have to check on fuction i dont know how post pics im 70 and a computer no-mind do you know the direction of rotation of the speedo? ill test it using a drill dont want to rotate in wrong direction Ron

Glenn-N
honda305.com Member

Post by Glenn-N » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:01 am

Hi Ron,
Don't know the direction, I could check buy maybe someone here knows for sure.

Does the speedo say 'Nippon Seiki' or 'Honda Motor'?
Nice blue dial without moist stains (like the one I showed you on eBay) and bright red warning dot (or faded)?
How many miles?

I understand you can't take pictures. Maybe a family member?
It's just, I'm in Europa so if I end up not liking it it's hard to resell it because there are few CL's in Europe.

Thanks

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:14 am

All CL72/77 speedo's rotated the same direction.
The design of the drive was different as to STEEL slider or ALUMINUM slider. ...................lm
Glenn-N wrote:Hi Ron,
Don't know the direction, I could check buy maybe someone here knows for sure.

Does the speedo say 'Nippon Seiki' or 'Honda Motor'?
Nice blue dial without moist stains (like the one I showed you on eBay) and bright red warning dot (or faded)?
How many miles?

I understand you can't take pictures. Maybe a family member?
It's just, I'm in Europa so if I end up not liking it it's hard to resell it because there are few CL's in Europe.

Thanks

malcolmgb
honda305.com Member

Post by malcolmgb » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:38 am

Ron the cable rotates in the same direction as the needle, so set your drill to anti-clockwise (counter-clockwise), it shouldn't damage the gauge turning the wrong way it is the same as pushing the bike backwards, albeit at some speed.
1977 CB400F
1973 CL175
1976 XL175 - Sold
1964 CL72
1966 CA78

CB450guy
honda305.com Member

speedo address

Post by CB450guy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:43 pm

Glenn the guy at Fed Ex had a question about your address . is vredelel 1 a business or a town/village? please send your complete address with any clarification and i will try again sorry for the delay Ron

OldScrambler
honda305.com Member

CL77 Parts

Post by OldScrambler » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Glenn...........I have most or all of the parts you are looking for.........I need a day or 3 to check the working condition of the rectifiers........will send 2 with one good rubber protector........the inspection caps will be good but not NOS........the perch is likely to have some rust on the spring-post but otherwise will have good threads........

The seat is the BIG question..........Original seat with cover defects? OK pan and original rubber that needs a cover? Repainted pan with replacement foam and new cover? Or just a good pan and trim for you to rebuild? I have about a dozen early seats in various stages of condition and I also rebuild a few seats but it takes time.

What is the frame No. of your bike? I just shipped a project CL77 (all parts and partially assembled) to a customer in France. He is happy with his project including the rebuilt seat.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home