honda305.com Forum

Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

1966 CL77 Scrambler for sale BEST OFFER! (with photo)

Looking for Bikes, Parts, Etc.? Post it here or try the New Honda305.com Auctions !!!
66scrambler
honda305.com Member

1966 CL77 Scrambler for sale BEST OFFER! (with photo)

Post by 66scrambler » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:39 am

THIS IS A REPOST

NOT MY FIRST RODEO

I just picked her up at a swap meet hoping it was a stuck piston. And it was. Over a week of soaking and gentle persuasion I was able to get the head off. The bottom end spins freely now however my endoscope has revealed a blue-colored sealant between the cases. I also found three small pieces of this material at the bottom of the case leading me to believe that it was a crappy sealant job that got the pistons stuck in the first place. So if I just rebuild the top end I *may* be inviting an expensive disaster.

The bike was extremely 'old muddy' meaning it was well-ridden *after* the sealant job so it's possible that the sealant job is *not* the issue but who wants to plunk down the cash to test the theory? Either way you'll need at least a new oiler chain, new ring set, new bottom head gasket and at least one new piston.

The *inside* of the bottom end, pipes, tank and carbs all look good, believe it or not. The *outside* looks like the bike sat in a barn for 40 years...the very reason I love her.

Alas, I think she's just too much for me. If she doesn't sell for my price I'll make an attempt to split the case and re-seal, but I'll need the forums expertise to do it.

Engine removed, top end removed, all parts bagged and tagged.

Bike is in western Connecticut.

MAKE AN OFFER Click here: https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/mcy ... 96904.html

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home