Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Honda Dream coming to life

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
Maloymerc
honda305.com Member

Post by Maloymerc » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:58 am

Just got items back from the chromers...was kind of disappointed with some of the work...but i guess it'll do for now.
Attachments
chrome1.jpg
chrome2.jpg

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:01 am

Maloymerc wrote:Just got items back from the chromers...was kind of disappointed with some of the work...but i guess it'll do for now.
Marlon It all looks good in the pictures. When I got my stuff done the only problem I had was with one of the chrome sides of the fuel tank. They didn't remove one small dent so they asked me to send it back which I did and it came back perfect. The company I used did all tripple plated chrome and I am very pleased with it.

What's wrong with the chrome you got done and how much did it cost you? When I got mine done it cost around $700. plus shipping and taxes. Although I don't have my rear rack back yet and my four shock nuts that will cost me about another $350. Paul
Last edited by 4shorts on Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maloymerc
honda305.com Member

Post by Maloymerc » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:47 pm

4shorts wrote:
Maloymerc wrote:Just got items back from the chromers...was kind of disappointed with some of the work...but i guess it'll do for now.
Marlon It all looks good in the pictures. When I got my stuff done the only problem I had was with one of the chrome sides of the fuel tank. They didn't remove one small dent so they asked me to send it back which I did and it came back perfect. The company I used did all tripple plated chrome and I am very pleased with it.

What's wrong with the chrome you got done and how much did it cost you? When I got mine done it cost around $700. plus shipping and taxes. Although I don't have my rear rack back yet and my four shock nuts that will cost me about another $350. Paul

Well, the chroming itself was ok, the problem was that some items had poor preparation before chroming (some items had pits, and grinding/sanding marks) which are visibly evident...I may have to have it rechromed. But hey...with all the items you see in the picture, it cost me less than a $100 for it!

Dogsbd
honda305.com Member

Post by Dogsbd » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:56 pm

Maloymerc wrote:But hey...with all the items you see in the picture, it cost me less than a $100 for it!

That's because the US EPA has not authority in the Philippines!

Maloymerc
honda305.com Member

Post by Maloymerc » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:43 pm

Dogsbd wrote:
Maloymerc wrote:But hey...with all the items you see in the picture, it cost me less than a $100 for it!

That's because the US EPA has not authority in the Philippines!
Hmmm...although we don't have a US EPA here, we have a similar agency that functions like that of yours. My point is that we can chrome stuff here or have anything done for that matter, at a much cheaper rate because relatively, our labor costs are lesser than the US.

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:28 am

Maloymerc wrote:
Hmmm...although we don't have a US EPA here, we have a similar agency that functions like that of yours. My point is that we can chrome stuff here or have anything done for that matter, at a much cheaper rate because relatively, our labor costs are lesser than the US.[/quote]

First when I seen the price you got it done for I thought that it was a real good price but then I thought about what a dollar might be worth over there and figured it might not be a great price after all. I'm just being curious and trying to learn more about your country when I ask. What would be the hourly wage for an average worker where you live in US dollars be? Paul

Maloymerc
honda305.com Member

Post by Maloymerc » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:27 am

4shorts wrote:
Maloymerc wrote:
Hmmm...although we don't have a US EPA here, we have a similar agency that functions like that of yours. My point is that we can chrome stuff here or have anything done for that matter, at a much cheaper rate because relatively, our labor costs are lesser than the US.
First when I seen the price you got it done for I thought that it was a real good price but then I thought about what a dollar might be worth over there and figured it might not be a great price after all. I'm just being curious and trying to learn more about your country when I ask. What would be the hourly wage for an average worker where you live in US dollars be? Paul[/quote]

Hmmm...I'm not really familiar with our average rates here...but as of now, i believe the exchange rate at present is One dollar=49Philippine peso. So i guess you can kind of get an idea of our cost of living here.

Again, everything is relative because commodites here and generally in Asia may be less expensive than the West.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home