Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

NEW 1967 CB77 OWNER

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

PARTS

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:27 am

All look OK to me.
DREAM trans?. ...............lm
zads wrote:Here are pictures of the gears (dogs)

zads
honda305.com Member

Re: PARTS

Post by zads » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:09 am

I'm not sure if it is a DREAM trans, what should I look for? If it is a DREAM trans how does that effect shifting compared to a SUPERHAWK trans?

Thanks
LOUD MOUSE wrote:All look OK to me.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: PARTS

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:33 am

I looked again and see they are not DREAM. ................lm
zads wrote:I'm not sure if it is a DREAM trans, what should I look for? If it is a DREAM trans how does that effect shifting compared to a SUPERHAWK trans?

Thanks
LOUD MOUSE wrote:All look OK to me.

zads
honda305.com Member

Post by zads » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:32 pm

I got my engine back from the machinist that bored, honed and bead blasted it, looks good!

I'm x'ing the transmission, I took a photo and marked the gears, let me know if something looks off. I'm ready to put the bottom end back to together, but I realize I'm missing the knock pins that hold in the bushings in place at the end of the spindle.

Until I get those small parts I'll start cleaning and taking apart a few more parts.
Attachments
X'ing transmission
X'ing transmission
IMG_5370.jpg (431.59 KiB) Viewed 1068 times
If your bushing looks like the one on the right, you should consider replacing it :)
If your bushing looks like the one on the right, you should consider replacing it :)
IMG_5375.jpg (95.73 KiB) Viewed 1068 times
.5 over pistons
.5 over pistons
IMG_5381.jpg (103.79 KiB) Viewed 1068 times

zads
honda305.com Member

Transmission Issue

Post by zads » Sun May 15, 2016 3:57 pm

I am having an issue with my 1967 CB77 transmission. It doesn't turn over smoothly and when you add pressure to the bearing it becomes harder to turn the transmission over. The bearing also has up and down movement when it is rotated. I replaced the kickstart spindle because I thought the original had a slight bend in it and that was the problem, but it didn't fix it.

Here is a link to a video I uploaded to Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tS6JiA ... e=youtu.be

What should I be checking for?

Thanks for any advice.

zads
honda305.com Member

Post by zads » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:45 am

I'm putting the camshaft back into the cylinder head. I wanted to make sure the parts I'm using are okay. One camshaft looks a little discolored/ worn (see photo).

I checked the sprocket for any movement due to loose rivets and it is fine. There is less than.1" play in the weights, should I try and tighten the springs? The thin neoprene layer that is on the pegs under the weights appears to be worn down where the metal makes contact, is this a big issue? I tried taking a photo of this.
Attachments
image2.JPG
image2.JPG (375.75 KiB) Viewed 995 times
trying to take a photo of the neoprene under the weight that is worn down
trying to take a photo of the neoprene under the weight that is worn down
image1.JPG (417.62 KiB) Viewed 995 times

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:00 pm

The sprocket will "TAT-TAP" if the neoprene is gone.
I'd use cloth sanding strip to smooth the cams and I'd for sure look at the followers for wear. .............lm

zads wrote:I'm putting the camshaft back into the cylinder head. I wanted to make sure the parts I'm using are okay. One camshaft looks a little discolored/ worn (see photo).

I checked the sprocket for any movement due to loose rivets and it is fine. There is less than.1" play in the weights, should I try and tighten the springs? The thin neoprene layer that is on the pegs under the weights appears to be worn down where the metal makes contact, is this a big issue? I tried taking a photo of this.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home