Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Steverino's CB77

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Valves finally set properly video.

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:39 am

When you get a chance call me. .....................lm
Steverino wrote:With LM's help I have the valves set properly now. It sounds a lot better. I'm going to take it for a little ride tomorrow and do some fine tuning on the carbs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSGs4oRkiFs

Steverino
honda305.com Member

I'm Back and Happy to Be Here or Anywhere

Post by Steverino » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:26 pm

Hi Friends
It's been a little over five months since my last post. I had a motorcycle accident and broke my arm and shoulder and dislocated my hip. I was out of it for a while but now I am where I can work on my bikes again. I was almost done with the CB77 before the accident so the past couple days I've spent some time adjusting the carbs, and double checking the timing. I put a timing light on it and the spark advance is working real nice. I am getting a little popping or burbling out the pipes though. I can't ride until next April but at least I can work on them. Here is a video I made today. I was trying to compare the exhaust note of the CB160 360 crank verses the 180 crank on the SuperHawk. It's good to be back and I see I have a lot of catching up to do. One thing I will never do again is ride without serious shoulder protection. I am putting an x ray and picture from the back of my shoulder as testament to the importance of wearing all the gear all the time. But first, here is a side by side video of the two different bikes.
S
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4NjB98A-Q

a little graphic, probably not at mealtime, on second thought I took out the picture.

ImageKIMG1126 by Steve Steverinomeister, on Flickr

G-Man
honda305.com Member

Re: I'm Back and Happy to Be Here or Anywhere

Post by G-Man » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:53 am

Steve

Nice video. I thought the CB160 would sound quite a bit smoother with 360 crank and gear primary. You're going to have to do a Scrambler or a Dream, now.....

That's a lot of metalwork in your shoulder. Does any of that come out or will it stay?

G
Steverino wrote:Hi Friends
It's been a little over five months since my last post. I had a motorcycle accident and broke my arm and shoulder and dislocated my hip. I was out of it for a while but now I am where I can work on my bikes again. I was almost done with the CB77 before the accident so the past couple days I've spent some time adjusting the carbs, and double checking the timing. I put a timing light on it and the spark advance is working real nice. I am getting a little popping or burbling out the pipes though. I can't ride until next April but at least I can work on them. Here is a video I made today. I was trying to compare the exhaust note of the CB160 360 crank verses the 180 crank on the SuperHawk. It's good to be back and I see I have a lot of catching up to do. One thing I will never do again is ride without serious shoulder protection. I am putting an x ray and picture from the back of my shoulder as testament to the importance of wearing all the gear all the time. But first, here is a side by side video of the two different bikes.
S
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4NjB98A-Q

a little graphic, probably not at mealtime, on second thought I took out the picture.

ImageKIMG1126 by Steve Steverinomeister, on Flickr
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

Steverino
honda305.com Member

Just glad to be here....

Post by Steverino » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:26 am

Hi Graham
Thanks for the nice words about the video. Right after I took it I hauled ithe CB160 over to my friend Marvins place because that was the one I traded for the Sedan Delivery. Here is the car. It needs a lot of work but there aren't many of them. I will weld up that bogus little window someone stuck in the panel.
ImageKIMG0023 (1) by Steve Steverinomeister, on Flickr
Here are some of Marvin's Cars. He's got hundreds of them.
ImageKIMG0071 by Steve Steverinomeister, on Flickr
ImageKIMG0069 by Steve Steverinomeister, on Flickr
This is a 1960 His crew was asking me if I'd like to trade something for it but I don't know anything about tractors
ImageKIMG0068 by Steve Steverinomeister, on Flickr
Hard to tell but it's a convertible.
ImageKIMG0067 by Steve Steverinomeister, on Flickr
As far as the titanium in my shoulder and arm having to come back out. My rehabilitation is geared toward regaining range of motion and strength. With the strength will come muscle and the muscle is supposed to provide padding and protection for the hardware. The problem for me right now is some of the screws are close to the surface and if I bang my shoulder into a door jam or something it hurts like a son of a bitch. But like my wife reminds me, it could have been my neck.
s

G-Man
honda305.com Member

Post by G-Man » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:49 am

Steve

I forgot it was titanium. Bone grows around that and adheres to it. Also non-ferritic so shouldn't upset airport scanners.

I watch American Pickers on TV and I'm so envious of what those guys find at rock bottom prices.

Maybe I should rent a panel van on my next vacation. I'm sure my wife would love that!

G
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

Tim Allman
honda305.com Member

Post by Tim Allman » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:44 am

I had screws and a plate just under the skin in a metacarpal - the aftermath of falling on my hand. After putting up with repeatedly hitting the screws which were on the top of my hand for a couple of years, I finally had them taken out. The pain when they are hit was quite exquisite.

sixtiescycle
honda305.com Member

Post by sixtiescycle » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:51 am

Hi Steve, good to have you back!
Dick Johnson
'61 CB92
'63 domestic CL72 Type 2
'63 CL72
'65 CL77
'66 CB77
'67 CB450D
'71 SL350
'71 XS1B

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home