Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

After a long sleep- A CB77 resurrection

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
Nomosno
honda305.com Member

After a long sleep- A CB77 resurrection

Post by Nomosno » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:37 pm

Hey folks,

After reading this forum for quite a long time, I finally decided it was time to make a post.
I’m from Tacoma, WA. I just bought a well-loved '65 CB77 with 18k miles on it. Cosmetically, it’s not “horrible”. There’s evidence of it being tipped over on more than one side, ridden hard and long, but then stashed away in a shed/barn for 43 years after the previous owner gave up riding. The bike is pretty complete, other than a missing splash guard, and non-OE seat cover. The motor didn’t turn when I first got it. After spraying some fogging oil in the cylinders, waiting a week, and then gently rocking the engine, I was able to get the pistons free. Phew.

When it comes to bikes, I’m a newbie but can get around mechanical stuff OK. I’m a sponge so feel free to share any advice or make suggestions. Should be an interesting trip :-)

-Paul
Attachments
IMG_4317.JPG
IMG_4317.JPG (131.7 KiB) Viewed 726 times

Waveblaster
honda305.com Member

Post by Waveblaster » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:40 pm

Nice find!

Probably worth cleaning the carbies out and flushing the fuel tank to remove rust etc.

It looks like you have the scrambler bars. If you want original they are available here http://www.classichondarestoration.com/ ... d_285.html. The cables might be too long. He offers a package deal of bars and cables also.

The seat covers are available from a place is Canada on ebay or here http://www.classichondarestoration.com/ ... d_302.html

Changing the seat cover and bars will make it largely original from that one picture except for the aftermarket pipes.

It will be interesting to see why it was parked up. You might be lucky and it was something simple.

Have fun

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home