Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

1965 CB77E

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
StuBee
honda305.com Member

1965 CB77E

Post by StuBee » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:46 am

More of a winter rebuild than a full on restoration but this seems like the most appropriate place for it :) This is our UK 1965 CB77. Bought about 8 years ago, it had already been restored to a presentable condition.

We are riders, we're not looking for pristine factory or showroom or concourse condition, but it's got to be right. Right for 200 mile road trips and on the button starting.

I'll post some pictures in the next update.

DJM
honda305.com Member

CB77

Post by DJM » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:43 pm

200 mile trips shouldn't be a problem for a CB77 in decent condition, certainly isn't for mine although nearer 100 miles is probably my average.

Just concentrate on getting the bike built the way it was when new and it should perform that way. Lots of stuff you can spend daft money on, uprated charging systems, electronic ignition etc. All useful upgrades but not essential if the original stuff is good.

If you have problems someone on this list will know the answer so share your problems and your successes.

Good Luck

PS. Where are you from?

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home