Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Bought a dream 305 today!

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
crzmky
honda305.com Member

Bought a dream 305 today!

Post by crzmky » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:34 pm

Picked up this dream today for a pretty good deal I think? looks to be in pretty good shape and has good compression. Not sure to do a full restore, or just keep it original and get it running and safe to ride? I had one about 22 years ago that ran perfect, so I have not done much work on them. Guess the best way to learn is to dive right in!
Image[/URL]

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Bought a dream 305 today!

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:21 pm

Welcome.
Looks like a good start to get running again. ............lm

crzmky wrote:Picked up this dream today for a pretty good deal I think? looks to be in pretty good shape and has good compression. Not sure to do a full restore, or just keep it original and get it running and safe to ride? I had one about 22 years ago that ran perfect, so I have not done much work on them. Guess the best way to learn is to dive right in!
Image[/URL]

Merz64cb77
honda305.com Member

Welcome

Post by Merz64cb77 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:41 am

Hi crzmky

You are in luck living in Texas and have an expert 2 hours away. Lm knows this bike inside and out. If you need help I’m sure he would help.

Thanks
67' CB77
66’ CB77
65’ bomber
68’ hellcat

Jims65CA77
honda305.com Member

Post by Jims65CA77 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:37 am

LOOKS GREAT!! Have FUN with it! Mine is about the same condition as yours. I just put new tires on it as the ones on it were the originals. I had to clean and rebuild the petcock, Rebuild the carb, clean the gas tank and then, after I got it running, I had to take the clutch apart because all the plates were stuck together. It was easy though!

Nice find!!
Jim

Now working/riding on my 1965 CA77 Dream...

crzmky
honda305.com Member

Post by crzmky » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:21 pm

Got her to actually run for a couple seconds today! Need to figure out this leak from the petcock. Defiantly has some issues with the ignition switch as well, But there is hope:)

crzmky
honda305.com Member

Post by crzmky » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Jims65CA77 wrote:LOOKS GREAT!! Have FUN with it! Mine is about the same condition as yours. I just put new tires on it as the ones on it were the originals. I had to clean and rebuild the petcock, Rebuild the carb, clean the gas tank and then, after I got it running, I had to take the clutch apart because all the plates were stuck together. It was easy though!

Nice find!!
Thanks! Super excited to bring her back to life and give it some more miles:) I have a feeling I'm going to need some clutch work, But will need to get the chain back on to find out??

olde-goat
honda305.com Member

Post by olde-goat » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:25 am

Bought three of these bikes last spring (only wanted one but had to take all in package deal), in similar condition to yours. Got the best one running, checked all mechanicals and all proved out to be in relatively good operating order considering the age. Great sense of satisfaction when bringing these back from the dead! Good luck with yours..

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home