Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

1204_cb77's Street Tracker Build

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
1204_cb77
honda305.com Member

1204_cb77's Street Tracker Build

Post by 1204_cb77 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:32 am

Hey everyone! I thought I would start a little build thread regarding my 305 tracker. It is far from completed but coming along nicely! I received the frame back from paint this week and got the wheels and tires put back together. New rear shocks beefed up the ass end a bit and added some needed height.

All lighting is now LED with a rechargeable battery pack. The front light is a flood style lamp that is extremely bright and the rear lighting is an 6" led strip from DRC. I also fitted a front brake switch I drilled into the handlebar lever that works perfectly! I'll get more pics of that up shortly. The gas tank sides have been hand rubbed to a neat brushed look, still chrome in the pics. I am getting the motor put back together this weekend. Finally found a set of .25 over rings from an eBay seller for only $30! I am doing a kick start only conversion and battery delete. So trying to get as much research as possible for this in terms of that. This build is meant to mess around on the back roads here in WA and to take to vintage track days here and there!

I need to fab up a fork brace and re-do the exhaust. I'll get pics added as soon as I can! Then onto the real fun....electrical :)

ImageIMG_8920 by max droog, on Flickr
ImageIMG_8922 by max droog, on Flickr
ImageIMG_8923 by max droog, on Flickr

1204_cb77
honda305.com Member

Post by 1204_cb77 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:52 pm

Well I promised myself I'd get the motor put back together today and in the frame and can happily say that is now done! Now I can start the new exhaust setup and getting this beast back on the road! Here are a few shots of the build. I had to literally dig out with a pick 40 years worth of gunked up nasty grease on the right case cover. Pulled the clutch cover today too. All looks good and measures alright. Did more cleaning and re-lubing on all needing essentials. I had to make new intake gaskets from cork material I had. Previous owner just smeared gasket maker all over it....not pretty.

Anyways...pics!
Cheers :)

1204_cb77
honda305.com Member

Post by 1204_cb77 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:18 pm

Well! About 98% done and riding! Just need to finalize jetting and get some mufflers put on! I can't tell you how great it feels to ride this old beast!

ahenthus
honda305.com Member

Post by ahenthus » Thu May 02, 2019 6:58 am

Looks great. Show us pics of your lift table.
66 CL77

1204_cb77
honda305.com Member

Post by 1204_cb77 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:04 am

ahenthus wrote:Looks great. Show us pics of your lift table.
Thanks, the lift tables are pretty basic. Made from plywood and 2x4's. They are just a basic rectangle shape with lateral supports under the plywood. Each lift has a leg in the corner and then an X brace connecting the fronts to backs for added support. I then just use a metal motorcycle ramp to push the bikes up and off. Pretty low key lifts made for less then 40$ a piece. I have them on casters too so I can push them around the shop when bikes are on it. I do plan on buying some hydraulic lifts soon but these get the job done!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home