Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

One More CL77

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
gbc
honda305.com Member

One More CL77

Post by gbc » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:52 am

There is something about these high pipe bikes that keep pulling me back in. I drove from Virginia to the bowels of Tennessee to pick this project up a few days ago. The last three bikes I have done have been 750k's and I must admit it is nice to have a twin back into the fold to breath life back into. It is a 1966 who has had the same owner for the past 36 years. He bought it from the original purchaser when he was a young man living in California. Of course the bike has been sitting for a number of years but it is showing a little over 6K on the clock and the seller swears it is actual miles. It starts, runs, and stops, not all of it that well, but the compression is off the charts and it has a clear numbers matching title. The missing front fender and chainguard I knew would cause some wallet damage and headaches, but I have located a complete uncut front fender and still on the search for a guard that doesn't require a second mortgage on my abode. I am going to enjoy bringing another CL77 back, it was the bike that I lusted for when I was in high school just a few years back. I sold the last two I restored, but I am thinking this one may stay in my small herd. I will throw up a shot or two as the process comes along but it is going to take some time. I want to enjoy watching the snow fly with a hot cup of coffee and attempting to make this great little machine sparkle again.....

gbc
honda305.com Member

Re: One More CL77

Post by gbc » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:00 pm

I tried to upload some photo's but had no luck. I will do a little site research and see what I am doing wrong....

Tim Allman
honda305.com Member

Re: One More CL77

Post by Tim Allman » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:44 am

I would suggest that you post on https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/. This forum has largely been abandoned. All the best on your new project.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home