Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CA77 battery cover?

Have a part and no Part Number? No idea where it's from and where it goes? Post a description and a photo here!
clarenceada
honda305.com Member

CA77 battery cover?

Post by clarenceada » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:17 pm

Was looking around e-buy and came across this cover which my Dream doesn't have:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ink:top:en

As I couldn't find it in the Dream parts book I assume it's for a CB---pretty sure its not a battery cover---just making sure I have all stock Dream parts.

Clarence

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:00 pm

For a CB or CL, covers the valley in the crankcases under carbs.

davomoto

clarenceada
honda305.com Member

Post by clarenceada » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:55 am

Sorry Dave I didn't get back sooner, but I have been off the net for a while and plus I forgot my manners and didn't say thanks for the info. The question I have is if this valley cover could be used on a Dream, '65 305, in conjunction with the standard aluminum carb covers as I like the looks of the chrome and plus a lot of times when I am tuning it up I leave them off?

Thanks

Clarence

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:38 am

I don't know, I don't have a CA.

davomoto

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Not a DREAM engine part.
Catch the word "SUPER HAWK" after the C/CA.
I think that was what the offer shows.?????????????? .......lm

clarenceada wrote:Sorry Dave I didn't get back sooner, but I have been off the net for a while and plus I forgot my manners and didn't say thanks for the info. The question I have is if this valley cover could be used on a Dream, '65 305, in conjunction with the standard aluminum carb covers as I like the looks of the chrome and plus a lot of times when I am tuning it up I leave them off?

Thanks

Clarence

houseowax
honda305.com Member

Post by houseowax » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:02 pm

I have one of those that I got in a parts lot with my CA77 carb covers. It isn't a Dream part; it's a Superhawk part and won't mount on a Dream. Furthermore, it was originally painted a flat silver; the one pictured has been stripped and buffed to a chrome shine. It's a flimsy thing- I was surprised at how thin and wimpy the piece is.

Anyhow, I'm claening it up to put on eBay but I don't think it's gonna fetch much; it's a little dinged up. If someone here wants it PM me.
'63 CA77 - Giving me all kinds of headaches.
'64 CA77 - Patiently waiting it's turn
'65 CB77 - A 'great winter project'

clarenceada
honda305.com Member

Post by clarenceada » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:42 pm

Yes, after looking up a CB77 I see that the oil fill tube would get in the way, and I was aware that it was not a stock Dream part but as I have had trouble getting the chrome things chromed I am powder coating a lot of parts that were originally chromed so I thought a little chrome bling to offset the paint would look nice and by the way LM what's with all the question marks????????????????????????????

Thanks

Clarence

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home