Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

winker relay bracket CB72 / CB77 and CL72 / CL77

Have a part and no Part Number? No idea where it's from and where it goes? Post a description and a photo here!
jensen
honda305.com Member

winker relay bracket CB72 / CB77 and CL72 / CL77

Post by jensen » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:39 am

Hi All,

I have a few CB72 with winkers (standard), and I try to catalogue every type of winker used on these bikes (CB72 / 77 and C72 / 77, also the earlier bikes). I think I'm complete now, so if you have a winker, I'll try to identify it, and when it differs from what I know, I'm even more enthusiast.

But, that's not the question. The question is about the winker relay bracket, which attaches the relay to the frame. All CB72 / 77 which had standard winkers do have such a clamp. The clamp is pictured in the parts manual on the police bike section, manual nr 2, page 246, part number 5 (this info can differ from parts manual to parts manual).

In all the other illustrations in this parts manual (also nr 1, nr 3 and nr.4) of the CB72 and the CB77's this bracket is not shown, not even on the versions with winkers.

For me this bracket was just a normal bracket, it's always attached to the frame and for me not very special. But as always, something what I think is just standard information and known of by everyone, seems to not.

First I couldn't find this part in the manual, but later I found it in the police bike section, but it appears that it doesn't have any part number. The parts number in this section is the part number for the winker relay or for the complete winker relay assembly.

So now my question, does anyone have a parts manual (CB72 / CB77 and CL 72 / CL77) which contains a part number for this part only ? or does anyone knows the part number of this part ?

I have a lot of pictures from this bracket, with and without winker relay, mounted or not mounted to the frame. Is it interesting for anyone to place these pictures here ?

Jensen
assembly of Japanese motorcycles requires great peace of mind (Pirsig)

jensen
honda305.com Member

Post by jensen » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:04 pm

Here are the pictures

Jensen
Attachments
CB72 winker relay clamp.jpg
winker relay attached to the frame.jpg

jensen
honda305.com Member

Post by jensen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:54 am

Hi,

Does anyone has such a bracket ?, preferably NOS, complete with frame number on the bag ?

Jensen

teazer
honda305.com Member

Post by teazer » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:35 am

Sorry to say but I had one of those in a pile of bits I bought many years ago in Australia and assumed it was from a different bike so I threw it out. oops.

jensen
honda305.com Member

Post by jensen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:00 am

Teazer,

Yes, I know the feeling, and many of us do I think.
That's why it's so important to picture these parts in this forum.

Jensen

jensen
honda305.com Member

Post by jensen » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:19 am

Hi,

I found out that the late bikes had different winker relays brackets then the early ones.
Included a picture of a late bracket.

Jensen
Attachments
late winker relays bracket CB72.jpg

jensen
honda305.com Member

Post by jensen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:14 am

Hi,

Found out that the CL72 / 77 didn't use these clamps for the winker relay. the relay is attached to a welded mount directly on the frame. That means that the frame is different.

Jensen

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home