Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Part from the sidestep

Have a part and no Part Number? No idea where it's from and where it goes? Post a description and a photo here!
ZillahBill
honda305.com Member

Part from the sidestep

Post by ZillahBill » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:12 pm

This part was attached to the frame when I tore the 65 CB77 bike down but my reference pics don't help me at all. Parts manual is not much help on that section. I think it is part of the left side step but what is it's purpose, how does it attach to the frame, and what attaches to it? This bike was cherry picked for parts so I know I'm going to scratch my head often and wonder "What am I missing"? I find I am a visual learner so if you could snap a quick pic and send it I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Sidestep bracket.jpg

Tim Allman
honda305.com Member

Re: Part from the sidestep

Post by Tim Allman » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:27 pm

I think you have the mounting bracket for a sidestand. As far as I know the C/CA/CB72/77 models never had them. There were (and are still) aftermarket models available but Honda also installed sidestands on the CYP77 police bikes, I think, and it may be one of those.

ZillahBill
honda305.com Member

Post by ZillahBill » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:48 pm

Thank you. I took the bracket off the bike and put it back in the box. I'm thinking about putting it up on Ebay for $300.

Tim Allman
honda305.com Member

Post by Tim Allman » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:52 pm

ZillahBill wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:48 pm
Thank you. I took the bracket off the bike and put it back in the box. I'm thinking about putting it up on Ebay for $300.
$300 might be a bit much. I have to say that a sidestand would be a great addition to a CB72/77 as the centre stand doesn't work well on soft ground. Here's a link to and ebay search that I did. You could add the missing bits for not too much, assuming the bracket is compatible.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... d&_sacat=0

ZillahBill
honda305.com Member

Post by ZillahBill » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:41 pm

Of course the $300 was just a snarky comment on the high prices you find on some of unobtanium parts for the CB77. I'm considering paying $29 for a screw I need. It reminds me of some advice I got from a mechanic I hired to help me sort out some carb problems I was having with an Austin Healy 100 I was rebuilding many years ago. I was complaining that if it got below 50 degrees the car wouldn't start. He just looked at me and said, "If you want cheap and dependable buy a Chevrolet." I am going to put the bracket back on the bike and keep my eyes open if a suitable part comes available. Thanks for responding to my post.

Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Post by Michael Stoic » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:45 pm

I recall posting some writing and pictures about CB77 side stands, on the original "static pages" area of the honda305.com website - my 1964 CP77 had one. That was a few decades ago, but you can find the info with some searching - all the original parts of the website are still there...

--
Michael

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home