Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Clutch pack, First plate ??

Have a part and no Part Number? No idea where it's from and where it goes? Post a description and a photo here!
LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Clutch pack, first plate

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks and ya welcome. .........lm
Scram64 wrote:Loud Mouse, I have been following your advice on clutch assemblys for years. I respect your years of experience and I would not consider Barnett parts.
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Scram64

Tim Miller
honda305.com Member

Barnett vs OEM

Post by Tim Miller » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:49 pm

This all sounds quite storybook; Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, etc.
If the OEM parts were so abundant, we would all use them and we wouldn't have this discussion. The fact of the matter is, that unless you have the OEM parts available or the direct resources, the parts are unavailable, or scarce. I am thrilled to learn that there is an affordable OEM alternative to the Barnett clutch. Understanding that I am unwilling to use worn components just to save a dime, please get me the contact information ASAP.

While we are on the subject of abundancy, and since the sky is the limit, a buddy of mine needs to get his hands on a few slotted, louvered chainguards and several stainless steel slip-on mufflers and another buddy needs just a couple of CYL 72 aluminum gas tanks. I assume your contact takes PayPal?

BTW - If you want to put your used-up, OEM, Cush Drive clutch assembly against my junky, o' Barnett clutch assembly to a heads up race, come on down to Pville and we'll line 'em up.

Tim

P.S. – Remember…..a strobe timing light is your friend.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Barnett vs OEM

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:01 am

You seem to have a agenda in mind since you joined the forum.
Will you explain it?. ............lm

Tim Miller wrote:This all sounds quite storybook; Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, etc.
If the OEM parts were so abundant, we would all use them and we wouldn't have this discussion. The fact of the matter is, that unless you have the OEM parts available or the direct resources, the parts are unavailable, or scarce. I am thrilled to learn that there is an affordable OEM alternative to the Barnett clutch. Understanding that I am unwilling to use worn components just to save a dime, please get me the contact information ASAP.

While we are on the subject of abundancy, and since the sky is the limit, a buddy of mine needs to get his hands on a few slotted, louvered chainguards and several stainless steel slip-on mufflers and another buddy needs just a couple of CYL 72 aluminum gas tanks. I assume your contact takes PayPal?

BTW - If you want to put your used-up, OEM, Cush Drive clutch assembly against my junky, o' Barnett clutch assembly to a heads up race, come on down to Pville and we'll line 'em up.

Tim

P.S. – Remember…..a strobe timing light is your friend.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home