Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

S.C.I Sirius Consolidated Inc SEAT COVERS

Bought anything recently? Liked it? Hated it? Post your review...
4shorts
honda305.com Member

S.C.I Sirius Consolidated Inc SEAT COVERS

Post by 4shorts » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:29 am

One thing most of you should know about me by now and that is when it comes to a product review I hold nothing back. Before I start I would also like to state that I'm in no way affiliated or am I in anyway a compensated endorser of this company by means of product or payment of any kind. I'm doing this to the benefit of any future potential purchasers on this site of this product.

A month ago I completed a total restoration of a 1964 CT200. One of the items I purchased for that motorcycle that really impressed me was a seat cover I purchased off of Ebay from a Canadian company called S.C.I Sirius Consolidated Inc. I was very impressed with the professional way they had of doing business. Very polite and you just had the feeling this was not your normal internet business.

They shipped there product out fast, well packaged and it arrived with extra foam and instructions but the biggest part of it all was the quality of there product. The Honda name was on rear of the seat like the original. The material used was top quality. The fit and finish was perfect and the sewing was exceptional.

When I purchased my 65 Dream it too needed a new seat cover so I just had to see if they sold covers for that bike as well and to my surprise they did with a choice of colors being black or red. I ordered the red one along with the fasteners kit and when it arrived it was of the same quality I had from the CT200's cover.

I installed the cover last evening and happy to report that It was a Hugh success thanks to S.C.I Sirius Consolidated Inc. These folks sell allot of other motorcycle related items as well as seat covers for other brands so I've attached there link and if your considering a new seat cover consider giving them the business. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. You can see the install with more detail by visiting here http://www.honda305.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1109

Paul

http://www.siriusconinc.com

honda305.com Member

Post by 305 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:24 am

they look real nice. i have seen their stuff on ebay before and kinda wondered about the quality..now i know. and they send the foam with it too. i had my Dream seat done by a guy in washington (or was it oregon?) that also is on ebay..he sells the covering service, you have to send the seat to him. he did a nice job , even put on the Honda logo...but reused some of the foam , so i get some little bits falling out whenever i sit on it.

4shorts
honda305.com Member

Post by 4shorts » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:40 am

305 wrote:they look real nice. i have seen their stuff on ebay before and kinda wondered about the quality..now i know. and they send the foam with it too. i had my Dream seat done by a guy in washington (or was it oregon?) that also is on ebay..he sells the covering service, you have to send the seat to him. he did a nice job , even put on the Honda logo...but reused some of the foam , so i get some little bits falling out whenever i sit on it.
305. The foam that comes with it is just a thin covering that will take any imperfections out of the original foam that stays with the seat foam but it does work well. As for the bits of foam falling out. That's where your foam is breaking down. I used spry glue and went over all the foam before installing it. That way it stays together and works well. My cost to all of this was about $50. including shipping. I could not get one made locally for half that price around where I live. Paul

bill440cars
honda305.com Member

Post by bill440cars » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:07 am

It's good to know this info, I've been considering using this company as well. Thanks for posting. Your efforts have enlightened me and others as well.

Later on, Bill

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home