Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Haynes Motorcycle Basics Techbook

Bought anything recently? Liked it? Hated it? Post your review...
houseowax
honda305.com Member

Haynes Motorcycle Basics Techbook

Post by houseowax » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:46 pm

I bought my CA77 last November with nary a clue about motorcycles. Or engines or mechanics or any other related thing. I loved the look of the CA77 and was thrilled when an expert friend told me that it would be the perfect first bike for me as it was as simple as they came. After tinkering around with it and spending untold hours reading posts on this forum I learned quite a bit, but found that I was still confounded by the majority of the discussion here.
Finally I took a gamble on this book after reading some customer reviews on Amazon and it has vastly exceeded my expectations . After an hour reading it I feel as if I have a MUCH better grasp on the mechanics of my bike and I'm finally stepping out of the darkness and into the light.
I realize that most of you could wrench one of these bikes to symphonic perfection on your lunch hour, but if you are at all like me, a neophyte with more desire than knowledge, then I can't recommend this book highly enough!
'63 CA77 - Giving me all kinds of headaches.
'64 CA77 - Patiently waiting it's turn
'65 CB77 - A 'great winter project'

versuspop
honda305.com Member

Re: Haynes Motorcycle Basics Techbook

Post by versuspop » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:40 am

It is a great book.
They also have one about general motorcycle shop practice. It gives great insight into what tools to use, how to get frozen bolts out etc.

houseowax wrote:I bought my CA77 last November with nary a clue about motorcycles. Or engines or mechanics or any other related thing. I loved the look of the CA77 and was thrilled when an expert friend told me that it would be the perfect first bike for me as it was as simple as they came. After tinkering around with it and spending untold hours reading posts on this forum I learned quite a bit, but found that I was still confounded by the majority of the discussion here.
Finally I took a gamble on this book after reading some customer reviews on Amazon and it has vastly exceeded my expectations . After an hour reading it I feel as if I have a MUCH better grasp on the mechanics of my bike and I'm finally stepping out of the darkness and into the light.
I realize that most of you could wrench one of these bikes to symphonic perfection on your lunch hour, but if you are at all like me, a neophyte with more desire than knowledge, then I can't recommend this book highly enough!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home